Do men's Adidas shoes run small/short? (Read 39 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I typically wear a women's 8.5D (wide) = to men's 7D. This is pretty much the case across every brand I've ever worn. I am eyeballing a pair of Adidas (Adizero SL) men's shoes...a brand that I have somehow managed to never wear in >18 years of running. Their size chart puts a men's 7.5 = to women's 8.5. Do they generally run shorter than most other brands or is their sizing chart just sketchy?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Yes their sizing is different. I wear a UK 9 in Nike which is a US 10 but in Adidas a UK 9 is a US 9.5.

It's a good brand. I've recently picked up Puma Velocity Nitro for a daily trainer. Puma have got good running shoes now and some bargain prices on last year's model.

I found the Adidas SL too firm in the midsole.

55+ PBs 5k 18:36 June 3rd TT

" If you don't use it you lose it,  but if you use it, it wears out.

Somewhere in between is about right "      

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, I’m seeing some good deals on the SL, so I figured it was worth a try. I’m not loving my NB Rebel v4s. The v2s were maybe my favorite shoe, ever. I’ve been disappointed in subsequent versions. The v4 is ridiculously voluminous. I had to return my women’s wides, because they were like clown shoes. I’m wearing the women’s medium width with thick socks and it still feels cavernous. It’s hard to find a really flexible forefoot shoe that isn’t super low drop/stack. The Rebel was a perfect shoe for me, at least for 1 model cycle.

~ Sarah Kay

God knows why they change a good thing. I used the original Rebels and they were a fast shoe. The 3s were so soft.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I haven't bought Adidas in a few years, but I found they ran larger than my usual shoes (MIzuno Wave Rider). I usuually wear a women's 10.5 and get a 10 in Adidas. I use the Euripean size the compare and for Adidas, it matches on the 10s.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

God knows why they change a good thing. I used the original Rebels and they were a fast shoe. The 3s were so soft.

I might like the v4 better than the v3, but the fit is really problematic. Not sure how any woman with an average or narrow foot could wear these, at all. At least men could buy a women's model for a narrower fit.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I haven't bought Adidas in a few years, but I found they ran larger than my usual shoes (MIzuno Wave Rider). I usuually wear a women's 10.5 and get a 10 in Adidas. I use the Euripean size the compare and for Adidas, it matches on the 10s.

That's good to know. I can almost always fit into any 40, including running and cycling shoes, men's and women's.

~ Sarah Kay

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I might like the v4 better than the v3, but the fit is really problematic. Not sure how any woman with an average or narrow foot could wear these, at all. At least men could buy a women's model for a narrower fit.

Don't know that I've seen many size 13 women's shoes. 

To the original question, I've only had one pair of Adidas and found they were too snug across the top of my foot.  Just their cut vs. my build, I guess.  I agree the newer NB Rebels are too soft.  I used to like the NB 860 (and the 1500), but they dumbed it down to be a casual sneaker and then apparently phased it out when they revamped their line.  I haven't found a new shoe of theirs that I like and mostly run in Sauconys these days.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                  10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Greta's Run 5k, 5/19; Scotch Plains 5k, 6/12

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ha, yes! And sometimes a style won't start men's sizes smaller than 8, which is problematic on the other end of the size spectrum. Tongue

Don't know that I've seen many size 13 women's shoes. 

To the original question, I've only had one pair of Adidas and found they were too snug across the top of my foot.  Just their cut vs. my build, I guess.  I agree the newer NB Rebels are too soft.  I used to like the NB 860 (and the 1500), but they dumbed it down to be a casual sneaker and then apparently phased it out when they revamped their line.  I haven't found a new shoe of theirs that I like and mostly run in Sauconys these days.

Yeah, I ordered the Adidas and they didn't fit great. Were fairly stiff, too, so returned.

I just logged my first run in a pair of Hoka Mach 6s...and they remind me a LOT of the Rebel v2, so that was a pleasant surprise. I may be done with the Rebel line, unfortunately. The Hokas are fairly narrow, though. Fit like the earlier Rebels. I definitely can't do a women's, unless I get the wide width. Had to go with men's 7, since I didn't want black shoes for Summer.

~ Sarah Kay

The Adidas SL shoes are actually very roomy in the toe box. SL is supposed to stand for super light but the are not particularly light or heavy.

Adidas make some amazing shoes. The Adios range and Takumi Sens are some of my favorites.

Half Crazy K 2.0

1. The Adidas that I've had are wide enough (which can be an issue for me), but are tight across the mid foot, like they aren't as high or deep as other shoes. 

For me, I've found Adidas shoes to be true size lengthwise, but narrow and constricting in the forefoot, but not as bad as Hoka. Even decades ago this was the case, a friend joked about how they liked Adidas because they fit his "slender European feet".

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

For me, I've found Adidas shoes to be true size lengthwise, but narrow and constricting in the forefoot, but not as bad as Hoka. Even decades ago this was the case, a friend joked about how they liked Adidas because they fit his "slender European feet".

Yeah, the men's Hokas I just purchased are definitely not wide. If I wanted to wear them for Winter with anything heavier than a thin sock I'd have to buy a men's wide...which would be like a women's extra wide. At least my foot's fairly low-volume.

~ Sarah Kay

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I know multiple people who like Hokas a lot and I've tried them a couple times, but both times I found the arch support started too close to the back and pressed into my heel uncomfortably.  Again, a matter of my foot shape vs. their shoe build.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                              10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Greta's Run 5k, 5/19; Scotch Plains 5k, 6/12