Fire Island 5k report (Read 1073 times)

Jeffrey

Thanks for the RR -- and the pics. I love the idea of taking a ferry to a race. Nice day, no cars and a beach at the finish line; sounds great!
      Nice race Bob- congrats on the strong finish in the heat.
      http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
      btb1490

Thanks for the RR -- and the pics. I love the idea of taking a ferry to a race. Nice day, no cars and a beach at the finish line; sounds great!
        Jeff, I guess being from Seattle, you are no stranger to ferries! Thanks for the note, I'm glad you liked the report!
        btb1490

Nice race Bob- congrats on the strong finish in the heat.
          Alan, I was thinking of you out there as I was melting in the heat! I don't know how you put up with it! Thanks for reading! Smile
            Great run, great report. Pictures really give a feel for the course--looks fantastic. So--gonna do it again? And if so--would you do anything different?
            My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
            btb1490

Great run, great report. Pictures really give a feel for the course--looks fantastic. So--gonna do it again? And if so--would you do anything different?
              Thank you Don! Pictures are worth 1000 words. If someone told me I'd be doing a race in a community where there are only sidewalks, the picture in my head would've been totally different of what the area really was like. I would do it again in a heartbeat. It's for a great cause and in a pretty unique venue. You really felt like you were part of something special here. The race was only conceived 2 months ago, and it sold out almost immediately. Not sure I'd do anything differently next time, perhaps try to stay out of the sun more beforehand.

Anyone have pizza?

I've been there with my girlfriend last year. Nice place, and awesomel place to run a race ! Congrats on your finish too!!! Big grin
                btb1490

I've been there with my girlfriend last year. Nice place, and awesomel place to run a race ! Congrats on your finish too!!! Big grin
                  Alex, yeah, I can see Fire Island being a great place to get away to with your girlfriend. Smile Maybe you can do it all again, and run a race at the same time next year. Thanks for the congrats!