Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

an amazing likeness

Double down.  I feel good!  A PR day 1, a sub-4 day 2 (day 2 was also my second fastest marathon in 3 1/2 years).

Wow. Wow. Wow.  Just wow.  That is really something.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Wow. Wow. Wow.  Just wow.  That is really idiotic.

Smile

an amazing likeness

Trent -- I ran a marathon yesterday, and today I feel better than ever afterwards, just some soreness in my quads, ankles and fingers. I nut'ed the training plan, put more attention and focus into it than any sporting endeavor since my D1 college days, 30 years ago.  But there is NO FREAKIN way I could run another 26.2 today...I'd guess that maybe 10 could happen if someone was firing buckshot at me from behind.

Doubling down is more impressive to me than you can imagine.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

It is weird.  After Mar1, I felt great.  That evening I had no stiffness or pain.  I pounded food like it was a job (a tube of donuts, a tube of fig newtons, a big plate of rice and salmon, star crunches, a meal from Culver's, several cups of Coke, etc).  Next morning I felt strangely great.  By mile 4 of Mar2, I knew that sub-4 was in the cards so long as I did not blow up.  It really only got hard hard after mile 20, but not really much harder than any other marathon.  And I kept running and got r done.

I also ran Mar2 with a big group of friendly folks and we chatted most of the way.  Well, until mile 22 when I could no longer do anything but grunt.

Running is stupid.

Believe

Nicely done, Moneyman. Way to bring it home with a great time.

Thank you very much.  It makes the really bad cramp all the more bearable.

not nearly as impressive as what the last few posters are discussing but ran 12.5 miles today.  longest run in over 25 yrs or so.  beginning of yr that was my weekly mileage (mainly because of injury).  feet are abit sore & legs fatigued/tight but feeling better postrun than expected.
              tiger07055

Ran my first race (5k) on Sunday, beat my 9:00-pace goal with a 27:03 finish (8:43).  Woo-hoo!  I came out easy, finished the first mile in 9:08, then stepped it up, finishing the second in 8:29.  Now to keep ratcheting up my long runs...
                PRs: - 5k: 27:03 (unofficial) - Paramus Run, 18 October 2009 2010 Goals, first half of year: - Sub-25:00 5k - Finish HM
                  The physio gave me permission to go for a run tomorrow morning (first for a week).

Perhaps I may still make it to the start line of my (next) marathon in 12 days. I'll definitely be well rested.

Running - cheaper than therapy

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Now to keep ratcheting up my long runs...
                    You may want to ratchet up your weekly mileage  to 10 to prevent injury and get faster at the same time. Good luck.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Another 2-milestone day-

First 12 mile run and felt pretty good the whole time.

That run brought my monthly milage up to 75, my highest yet!  The rest of the month are light runs since I have my first 1/2 marathon in 2 weeks, but I might try to squeeze in an easy 3 miles to bring it to 100!!

RunsForCake

Another 2-milestone day-

First 12 mile run and felt pretty good the whole time.

That run brought my monthly milage up to 75, my highest yet!  The rest of the month are light runs since I have my first 1/2 marathon in 2 weeks, but I might try to squeeze in an easy 3 miles to bring it to 100!!

Nice job and good luck on your first HM!

Outside Lane

Ran a 5K (for fight against breast cancer) with my 21 year old daughter yesterday.  It was her first 5K - she's just started to get into running.  I have run with my brother before - but there is something special about running with one of your kids.  It was a local 5K - and it still had over 1200 runners for this cause.  Absolutely incredible.  I ran with her - and according to race results - we finished just under 33 min.  I'm so proud of her!

The funniest thing was to see little boys running with t-shirts that said on the back "BREAST FRIENDS".

See how they run...

Go Pre!

Completed my first consecutive weekends of marathons yesterday. Going again next weekend.

...and hoping to accomplish 2 consecutive days next spring. Trent, you will have to learn me Wink

thumbs up!

Well, the forum does say small victory...

I finally met my 2009 goal of 1000k. Two months early!

Next year I'll try the 1000 mile pace bunny group.

Keep running!
                              2010 Goals
                              1. get to and maintain 20 MPW
                              2. sub 50 min Crazy Legs 8k -- April 10 (so close! 50:13... next year)
                              3. sub 30 min 5k
                              4. improved time in Madison half marathon -- May 10
                              goat

Finder of good newts

I've now logged over 4000 miles on RunningAhead.  Thank you Eric!!  

I've run for 25 years, but this is the only tool that's kept me logging.

It's hard to look down if you don't go up