tights and leggings for male runner (Read 705 times)

I am 54 and don't care what others think of my running attire.  I get a lot more comments about running barefoot than wearing tights.

I have two pairs of UA tights.  One I wear when the temp is roughly 20-30 degrees.  The other for 10-20 degrees.  And when it is around zero or below both pairs at once.  I always wear running shorts or compression shorts underneath.

I learned the difference btw tights and leggings the other day. I went in to wake my two youngest for school while still dressed from the morning's run. My 7 y.o. says, "You're wearing leggings, dad."

When I said they were running rights she corrected me. "If they covered your feet they'd be tights. Those are leggings."

Okay then.

Wow and damn, I guess guess they are leggings. Learn something new everday. Well I wear leggings too. If it's below freezing I might exercise the third sock option. If it's in single digits and colder I might wear gym shorts for additional layering. I don't care what I look like either. I already look like an idiot because I'm outside running when I could be inside warm. Between you & me my leggings make me feel like a superhero. If I had the cojones I'd wear a cape too. Besides if I'm out on a run in mid-January & enough of my junk is detectable to be offensive I'm a proud man indeed. My wife's probably pretty happy too.

joescott

If I had the cojones I'd wear a cape too.

Best idea I've seen in some time.  Must give this a try!!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Latent Runner

Best idea I've seen in some time.  Must give this a try!!

Edna E. Mode says, "No Capes!"  Smile

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
          • 2-mile: 13:49
          • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
          • 5-Mile: 37:24
          • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
          • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
          • Half Marathon: 1:42:13
          Joann Y

This is a good idea!    We could even have a Men in white tights edition. 

Ew. Are you sure about that? : )

bpangie

I am 54 and don't care what others think of my running attire.  I get a lot more comments about running barefoot than wearing tights.

I have two pairs of UA tights.  One I wear when the temp is roughly 20-30 degrees.  The other for 10-20 degrees.  And when it is around zero or below both pairs at once.  I always wear running shorts or compression shorts underneath.

Are you barefoot when it's zero or below?

All this talk makes me want to go get some leggings. I have tapered pants. I need some sexy leggings.

wholesalelegging

link spam
                Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

I call mine tights even though they don't cover the feet.  I think of leggings as the word only used for women's attire.

You know, those girls who go out in the street with no pants.

Froment66

Link spam