2014 Holiday Running Streak (Read 554 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

3.75 today, 92 for the streak.  2 weeks to go and then its the 1200 in 2015 mileage streak.  When will it end ???

GinnyinPA

8 miles today, 26 days in the streak. 104.7 for the month of December.

Jerry - if you're lucky and don't get injured, it doesn't ever end, always a new goal to pursue ;-)

keeponrunning

So this streak has me coming home at 10:45pm after working then going to a (non-alcoholic) party and running a mile.  Still in though!

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

cc4life07

Wind is not my friend.

Today could get interesting.  I ran 10 yesterday (last night) so I didn't want to put in a couple miles this morning so I could give my legs some time to rest.  Which means I have to run tonight....except, I won't be home 'til at least 10.  Should be able to put in a couple though but then HAVE to run on Saturday morning.

"Current" PRs

5K - 18:00 (4/19)   |   HM - 1:19:28 (4/22)

Next Race: A 5K of some sort (Goal: Sub 17:30)

Always good to have the spouse on board with the running.

Actually surprised me this morning with "we'll leave right after you finish your run Saturday morning". Awesome!

Get off my porch

TripleBock

Tru-dat

Although it also helps when your spouse goal is to sleep in as long as possible each day.

Witha streak of running (after no consistent running) and weight lifting (after not lifting hardly at all forever)  ... Then a good 90 minutes of racquetball last night - My body is starting to feel fatigued.   My danger day will be Saturday morning (tomorrow) as we will leave by 7:30 to go downhill skiing for the day.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Always good to have the spouse on board with the running.

Actually surprised me this morning with "we'll leave right after you finish your run Saturday morning". Awesome!

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

Joann Y

The limo should be arriving at work to pick me up around, oh, say 4pm or so (with cashmere socks and hot herbal tea in hand!) for a little joggity-jog on the treadmill. Hoping to put in 5 miles this afternoon on my favorite treadmill at the club, if everything goes as planned.

The limo should be arriving at work to pick me up around, oh, say 4pm or so (with cashmere socks and hot herbal tea in hand!) for a little joggity-jog on the treadmill. Hoping to put in 5 miles this afternoon on my favorite treadmill at the club, if everything goes as planned.

Crappy 2k today. It should have been a normal day with a normal run, but then life happened and the day went it's own way. Maybe I'll do another 2 later in the evening after work. Maybe not.

jpdeaux

Managed to knock out most of the space remaining between me and the 2000 mile pace bunny today. Should get there this year after a multi-year sabbatical.

xhristopher

Managed to knock out most of the space remaining between me and the 2000 mile pace bunny today. Should get there this year after a multi-year sabbatical.

And when you wake up tomorrow that little jackass will have cut that gain almost in half!

GinnyinPA

Did my two after dinner on the TM to keep the streak going.  I don't think I'm going to make my December mileage goal, but I've done better on the streak than I expected.

justrundan

streak @ 21 days, 5.3 this morning.

Dan

emmbee

queen of headlamps

So I was out three days into this streak with a stupid thigh injury and then missed nearly three weeks!  That's got to be some kind of karma.  But I managed two gentle miles today!

cc4life07

Wind is not my friend.

Unless a miracle occurs, my streak ends at 24. Very tight knee two days ago about my 10. I rolled out my it band last night after an easy 2 but I think it may be smart just to take today off.  Don't want to derail my training for a streak. Hoping it's only a one day hiatus and back to hitting December mileage.

"Current" PRs

5K - 18:00 (4/19)   |   HM - 1:19:28 (4/22)

Next Race: A 5K of some sort (Goal: Sub 17:30)

Ojo

There's not much that stops me!  i woke up with a terrible stomach ache and was worried about getting my long run in.  After several dry heaves, I felt a thousand times better and decided to get dressed . . . 12 miles later, my streak goes on.

PS  Still not feeling 100%, but my son had this the other morning as well and oddly it only lasted about 1/2 hour.  Weird!

Sara

MM #2929