IPOD vs. whatever (Read 903 times)

BlackFreeRuns

Another sansa clip fan here, snow, rain, tons of sweat, you can't kill this little thing.  Paired with Sennheiser's, it's a great little piece.

ElaineOK

I love my Shuffle -- small, lightweight, virtually indestructible.  It goes to the gym with me.  (It is also great for cleaning house, wrapping presents, etc.)  For running, though, I use my Nano.  Why?  Nike+.  I know there are lots of other options, but Nike+ works really well for me.  I don't want to carry my phone strapped to my arm.  It is too big and too heavy.  My Nano with Nike+ attached does everything I want.

Elaine

Norman, OK

Cool Jump Suit

I have a Sony Walkman I like.

So bittersweet,
        This tragedy
        Won't ask for absolution;
        This melody,
        Inside of me,
        Still searches for solution.
        A twist of faith,
        A change of heart
        Cures my infatuation.
        A broken heart, 
        Provides the spark
        For my determination.

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

I use a 5-year old Nano for my treadmill tunes.  My treadmill has built-in speakers, so I can just hook up the Nano and go.  I had a Shuffle a couple of years ago, but I killed it with sweat.  I've heard that the newer Shuffles are more sweat-resistant, though.  Is this true?

No more marathons

OK, Santa heard - the Sansa Clip was in my stocking. 

Now if I could just figure out an easy way of moving songs from my apple library.  Moved (or thought I moved) about a dozen, but only about half show as available to play, and one keeps asking for a certification.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Julia1971

Cool!  Hope you figure out the set up (or maybe someone who commented in the thread can help).

OK, Santa heard - the Sansa Clip was in my stocking. 

Now if I could just figure out an easy way of moving songs from my apple library.  Moved (or thought I moved) about a dozen, but only about half show as available to play, and one keeps asking for a certification.

Not dead. Yet.

I use my android phone on an armband with Spotify.

It's pretty much the best setup possible.  You can setup playlists, and stream almost anything you can think of directly to your phone for free.  There is no syncing at all.   I kind of wish there a smaller device than a phone, but it's a small price to pay for the music, and with the arm band I barely notice it.

http://www.spotify.com/us/

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0027GTK1K/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?

Mostly harmless

I have a Sony Walkman I like.

It's a collectors item now. Sony only just recently stop producing them. Who knew?

http://www.hpmurah2u.com/2012/12/sony-stops-production-of-walkman.html

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

It's a collectors item now. Sony only just recently stop producing them. Who knew?

Sony refers to all of their portable audio devices as Walkman.  This one is excellent for running. I have 3 of them.

http://store.sony.com/p/2GB-W-Series-Sony-Walkman-Black-Digital-Music-Player-Water-Resistant,-All-in-One-Portable-MP3-Player/en/p/NWZW262BLK

Although I wouldn't buy it from Sony for $60. I picked mine up from Staples clearance for $10. You can pick them up on ebay for $30-$40.

Jeff F

Free Beer

I like my nano because it is very small and also has radio.  I like to listen to a local classic rock station on Sunday mornings when I do my long runs.

xor

I like my nano because it is very small and also has radio.  I like to listen to a local classic rock station on Sunday mornings when I do my long runs.

Not taking away from the nano because it is a cool device and does what people want.

But my iriver player had a radio in 2003.  It took apple a damn long time on this.

Chloey

Run Like a Mother

Another Sansa Clip lover here.  I did finally slip mine into a ziploc bag and into the pocket of my running jacket for the winter.  Our sky seems to think I live in Seattle instead of the desert this winter.  From the sounds of it though, all of your Clips have survived a lot of weather.

xor

Another Sansa Clip lover here.  I did finally slip mine into a ziploc bag and into the pocket of my running jacket for the winter.  Our sky seems to think I live in Seattle instead of the desert this winter.  From the sounds of it though, all of your Clips have survived a lot of weather.

I live in Seattle as well and I get made fun of regularly for putting my music player and money in sandwich baggies.  But it works.

And when I stop at 711 for Hostess Lemon Pie (sniff... RIP Hostess), the folks behind the counter appreciate dry money.

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

Hee, SRL, I used to have an iriver.  I guess I still do but haven't used it in years.  Now I use an also old (but not AS old) Creative Zen V, which I bought specifically because it was compatible with our library downloadables - I'm a big fan of audiobooks on the run.  Now I think ipods are also usable but it didn't used to be the case.

Jeff F

Free Beer

Not taking away from the nano because it is a cool device and does what people want.

But my iriver player had a radio in 2003.  It took apple a damn long time on this.

I agree and still have an iriver player but like the nano because it is smaller and clips my pocket.