HOUSTON area running clubs? (Read 206 times)

Anyone have any experience with any of the Houston area (or surrounding suburbs) running groups? I have run a couple of times with the Kenyan Way and like them but they are a bit far for my work week workouts.

I have run solo (mostly) for the past 5-6 years and would like to step into a group run for the FM cycles.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

The area has clubs scattered throughout the city. What part of town do you live?

I live in the Richmond/Sugarland area. I know there is fort bend fit an Katy fit but was just checking other options as well. Someone said the Hansons have a group but I don't know the name.

I live in the Richmond/Sugarland area. I know there is fort bend fit an Katy fit but was just checking other options as well. Someone said the Hansons have a group but I don't know the name.

I'm not too familiar with your side of town. However, I know and love Brazos Bend State Park.

You can find a club at this link http://www.harra.info/index.php/about/clubs.

I'm with Bay Area Running Club in the Clear Lake area. My dues are $15/year. It think the different USA Fit locations are more of a coaching service that charge more than most clubs. I have friends who used them in the past. Some had great experience and other not so great. My club is managed by the club members. We have group runs: Sunday long run, Tuesday track and Thursday repeats over the Kemah bridge. Most club have a similar schedule. Having company on the group runs is great. The long run go by quick and you have people pushing you at the track.  My club is very social. We race often and most party often. I think the other clubs in the area have the same personality.

Hope you find a club close by that is active.

I'm not too familiar with your side of town. However, I know and love Brazos Bend State Park.

You can find a club at this link http://www.harra.info/index.php/about/clubs.

I'm with Bay Area Running Club in the Clear Lake area. My dues are $15/year. It think the different USA Fit locations are more of a coaching service that charge more than most clubs. I have friends who used them in the past. Some had great experience and other not so great. My club is managed by the club members. We have group runs: Sunday long run, Tuesday track and Thursday repeats over the Kemah bridge. Most club have a similar schedule. Having company on the group runs is great. The long run go by quick and you have people pushing you at the track.  My club is very social. We race often and most party often. I think the other clubs in the area have the same personality.

Hope you find a club close by that is active.

Thnaks man!