Kinvara 3 Issue (Read 173 times)

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Love my Kinvara 3's.  Never would have thought about going long in a shoe with such a relatively small amount of cushioning, but I seem to be able to in these, making them a true all-around shoe for me.

Having a weird issue with them, though, when I'm just walking around, there's a "snapping" sound that seems to come from somewhere just behind the arch.  Not an issue at all when I'm running, but kind of annoying when walking around before or after.

My theory is that whatever adhesive (if there is one) that sticks the outsole to the midsole has come unstuck, causing the two soles to squeak against each other as I move through my walking gait cycle.

Whether that's it or not, has anyone else had this issue with their Kinvara 3's?

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

ultramarathon/triathlete

I have the same issue!  Thought I was imagining it.

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
      Gatorade Endurance Team

Mmmmm...beer

Same here, not all the time, but I have heard it a few times.  Still love 'em. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Mine sound like a suction cup sticking to the floor with every step! Only walking, and mostly indoors...no sound running. But yeah, a little weird!

I have the same issue as well. I just assumed it was because mine were wearing out (400+ miles)

I have the same issue as well. I just assumed it was because mine were wearing out (400+ miles)

The noise started happening in one of my pairs of Kinvara 3s at around 250 miles.  Oddly, after another 30 miles after that, it went away.

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Yay, I'm not crazy!  Or if I am, it's not manifesting itself through auditory hallucinations emanating from my feet! Wink

I'm with everyone else, though...it's not enough to put me off buying another pair.  I wonder if the issue is still there with the 4's, what with the new midsole material and all?

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

The noise started happening in one of my pairs of Kinvara 3s at around 250 miles.  Oddly, after another 30 miles after that, it went away.

All my pairs do it regardless of mileage.

I have 3 pairs at various stages of wear.  The two older ones (150 miles and 300 miles) give me the suction cup sound.

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

RunSaintRun

Mine stating making that sound around 550 miles or so. Noticed it after they were washed. Not sure it it is related or not. Just about time to  retire them. Some of the black diamonds have been worn off on the forefoot.

Maggie & Molly

I have two pairs.  One makes the suctioning sound, one does not.  and like everyone else it is when I'm walking around my house.  I don't notice it when I'm running.  It is the pair with more miles (about 270) so I worried that the sole was giving way but I haven't noticed any issues.

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                        Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Resident Sk8r boi

it's the Saucony medallion in the rear part of the sole. As my pair has worn down the clicking/suctioning effect has increased. I'm annoyed by such things to spend ridiculous amounts of time sussing out the cause (you should see me when my bike has a mystery squeak!).  As with the other experiences here it only rears its head when walking and is not noticeable when running.

Docket_Rocket

I have experienced it and sorry to tell you the Kinvara 4s have their own noise too.  They sound like they are singing to me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page