Group Running (Read 993 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I run with a group. It has keep me running 17+ years. On those winter days at 5:30 AM and 10 F/ -12 C. You can count on at least one other______ ( fill in the blank) to show up. Big grin

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

CapeRunningMom

I do all of my runs with my two sons in the double jogger; is this running alone or with a group? Confused
      Carly E

Carly

^^^^ Alone. They can't push you to your limits or anything an actual running group can. But it sounds fun Smile I run with my Cross Country team. It's pretty much my life.
        Running is like Mouthwash; if you feel the burn, it's working.
          I don't like running in groups. In addition to exercise, running is also time for me to be alone with my thoughts.

Future running partner.

I'd say that there is a time and place for group running. I like to do some LSD weekend runs in groups as long as you are with people that are about the same level of ability and keep it non competitive. The conversation helps keep the effort easy enough and make time go by faster.