Do you ever have runs where... (Read 833 times)

I just came in from one of those runs. First mile was perfect, but then things went to hell. My pace slowed, my hr climed, my breathing was comfortable. I struggled through the run because the schedule called for six and damn it, I'm going to get my six. My question, would I have been better off just calling the run and doing the six miler later in the week? I know part of the reason for the craptacular, hard run was due to beer drinking on Sunday. However, Monday I took it easy and figured tonight's run would have been okay.
      Bad Runs Happen. It makes you appreciate the good ones more. Wink For Me: When a bad run happens, ( such as this morning but that's a whole other story) I bag it, and split the mileage deficit over a few runs later in the week to get the miles in. Seems that Summer heat adjustment is getting the better of everyone this week. Time to slow it down, and let the body catch up with the changing weather. Relax, and have a much better run later this week~ Wink

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

I think my toughest runs are directly related to the times when I slip on my diet... garbage in, garbage out Dead... so when I want to snack on junk, I try and remember what my running goals are and the runs when my limbs have felt like they were made of lead. That's my motivation, and helps to reduce the number of bad runs. Of course sometimes life gets in the way and affects how my runs go as well. Mostly, I just do my best and I eventually see improvement in the end. Usually I have a good bounce back on my next outing.
        - Tony