To pop or not to pop, that is the question... (Read 776 times)

freckles

Should you pop blisters or leave them alone?!!! Gross but necessary that I ask!

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Whatever. If you pop em, make a small cut so the hole does not refill (as opposed to using a needle).
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I thought this was gonna be a pimple question. I do pop those. I have never really had any big blisters and the little ones take care of themselves within a day, so I don't mess with them. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

What kind of blister? If you get an abscess and decide to lance it, please make a video and post it on youtube. Smile Funny (possibly sick) abscess video I thought this was about some sort of proposal.

Vim

mbk

If I can still walk or run on them, I don't pop them. I don't know how popping them affects healing time, but I do know that usually a popped blister = PAIN and an unpopped blister does not. Of course, that depends on where they are. But I never pop, I let them pop naturally or heal.

Dog-Love

I thought this was gonna be a pimple question. I do pop those. k
              Ewwwwwwwwwwww
              Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

madness baby

I thought this was about some sort of proposal.
                I thought it was a proposal question as well. Why that would happen on this board is beside me. This is now causing me to enter dorkland, whereby I will be considering word associations and in general, trying not to think about my last blister. Or your blisters. Wink
                deb
                Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Popping does not alter healing. For some blisters, popped is less painful. For others it is more painful. Let pain guide you. Blisters DO NOT get infected.
                  btb1490

I popped one yesterday morning. It's fun squeezing the gunk out of them.
                      I try to poop before every run. Oh. Wait. You said POP. Nevermind.

Runners run

freckles

Hah! Mike you must have the same SOH as my husband, he saw my post and double took, he thought it said to poop or not to poop!

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.