2014 Holiday Running Streak (Read 554 times)

#artbydmcbride

Please put me in as well.  I will shoot for 185 miles

Runners run

150 for miles for me. Thanks!

AutBatgirl

I'm in. Seriously lacking in motivation lately, so we'll say 125.

No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.

Put me down for >83.9.  Thanks!

Dad, Runner, Programmer

When I agreed to do this, I didn't read the fine print about the highest monthly mileage of the year part. I was really not prepared to do high mileage in December, so I was going to say just put me down for the streak and not the mileage.

BUT then I went back to the 2013 thread and you bozos are so damn inspiring I changed my mind. So put me down for 220!

And thanks for running this Jancika! (love the fancy border around the table Smile

2015 Goal:For now, keep running!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Sounds great. Can not do it.Tapering.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

npaden

This is always the hardest time of the year for me to try to keep a streak going, but I'll try it again this year.

Instead of going for my highest monthly mileage of the year I'll shoot for my highest December mileage ever.  Last year I did 108 so I'll shoot for 110 this year.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

love the fancy border around the table Smile

Yeah, about that. First I couldn't figure out how to create the dividing lines and when I finally did, the border appeared along with them. I tried to get rid of it but couldn't without also getting rid of the lines, so I just left it.

25 of us so far! Welcome everyone, I think it will be fun to see how we cope. Only 5 days until we start!

Kalsarikännit

240, btw.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

jpdeaux

Would you pronounce Jancika for me, please? I wanna know how to say your name right in my head. 

Count me in.  Gonna take 230

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

Would you pronounce Jancika for me, please? I wanna know how to say your name right in my head. 

That would be something like Yahn-chika . It is diminutive for my real name Jana, pronounced Ya-hna . It's my internet name on some Slovenian forums and when I registered here years ago I just kept it. In Slovene it's written with a č, Jančika.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

That would be something like Yahn-chika . It is diminutive for my real name Jana, pronounced Ya-hna . It's my internet name on some Slovenian forums and when I registered here years ago I just kept it. In Slovene it's written with a č, Jančika.

Thanks, I was close in my head, except for the ch sound for the c. If I had seen the diacritical mark, I would have had it, thanks to my Esperanto training. Smile

Side note: I'm guessing that Turkey Day doesn't have a lot of significance for you folks in Slovenia.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

BTW, I'll try for 230 miles in December; not my highest month ever, but my highest December.

keeponrunning

Okay, I'll go for it.  I'm usually a 4-5 day/week runner so this might be stupid, but oh well.  Put me down for 205km (highest mileage month was 203km in September).  However, my daily minimum will be 1.64km, cause that happens to make a nice loop around the back of my subdivision.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022