New Year's Resolutions Related to Running? (Read 582 times)

At the Drumstick Dash I ran on Thanksgiving, I met a woman who had almost achieved her 2012 new year's resolution for running -- doing at least one race a month. I thought that was a great idea and I'm going to give it a try in 2013. I just wondered what others have done (or hope to do) for running-related new year's resolutions.

I'm not sure if it's a resolution or not, but I'm going to run my first marathon this year.

Chasing the bus

I'd like to just not get hurt, and run...I think that's my new goal.

“You're either on the bus or off the bus.”
        Tom Wolfe, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

Run more and not get hurt again.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

I just want to be able to run again.  Aug 5 was the last time I did... 

For the last few years my wife and I have given up booze, chocolates, sweets, cakes etc. for all of January. I always loose some weight during this period - the question is what happens for the rest of the year.

This year, although I've put some weight on in the last couple of months (often seems to happen this time of year) I will at least be starting 2013 significantly lighter that 2012.

Get off my porch

Black-Toe-Nailed

Yeah!

run in the UK

run my first ultra! 

if possible both at the same time Wink

--

"If one can stick to the training throughout the many long years,
                  then will power is no longer a problem. It's raining? That doesn't matter.
                  I am tired? That's besides the point. It's simply that I just have to."

Emil Zatopek

Mmmmm...beer

Run as much as possible and remain injury free.  I have a few race related goals, but they don't have to happen in '13, altho I definitely want to race more in general.  There's a lil more fat that's coming off, but it's not a new year's thing, just continuing what I've been doing this year, probably 10-15 to go.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Roses Revenge

Start

Finish

Have fun

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

oriwoi

fitfatboy

More cowbell!

Start

Finish

Have fun

What RR said.  For me, the having fun part means finding a new challenge.  I love running and riding up hills, so the Chattanooga Mountains Stage Race seems like a good target.  Besides, you can meet new people and really get to know them over 3 days of racing.

http://www.rockcreek.com/stagerace.rco

STILL HAVING FUN!!!

delicate flower

I just need to keep doing what I'm doing.  I have goals but not really any resolutions.  "Resolution" implies having to change or start doing something.  I need to just keep on keepin' on. 

<3

bojangles

Got to love New Years Resolutions. I never make any, but I love all the girls who do. Gyn fills up for a good three weeks and all the good running spots. And then, boom. They all disappear and say maybe next next year.

jeffdonahue

Back in 2008 I wanted to get more consistency in my running so I made the resolution to run every day during 2008.  I am still going and will hit 5 years straight at the end of this month.

For next year, I am hoping not to get injured again.  this may require me not playing soccer in the spring, as that is how I got injured this Fall.

I'd also like to hit 2000 miles for the year since I came up short this year.

And I'd like to run another marathon.

Again, not sure which count as "resolutions" but those are my goals for next year.