BTB 20/30 or 30/20 (Read 101 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

How much of a difference does it make running 20/30 miles as compared to 30/20 miles. College football games start at 12:30 on Saturday. NFL start at 1:00. The park does not open until 5:00 (5 mile loop, water fountains 1-2 miles.restroms,dogs leashed). I could run faster but would probably miss the 2nd day.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Kalsarikännit

You didn't ask, but I'm going with neither. Years of long/longs have only taught me that a good tempo/long run gives me all of the benefits of running long on tired legs, but not so trashed that the long run is a sucky shuffle fest, plus I recover faster and am able to do more during the week.  YMMV.  

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I have no idea, but I take whatever I can get. Last two weekends have involved races embedded in the long runs, so those have probably been good for me (based on WG's observation above).

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Sorry, I left out the training for 100 miler.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

Kalsarikännit

I have no idea, but I take whatever I can get. Last two weekends have involved races embedded in the long runs, so those have probably been good for me (based on WG's observation above).

I should probably explain that by tempo/long run vs long/long run, I meant a tempo on day one and a long run (30 miles give or take a few, obviously starting out much lower in mileage) on day two. I think I was unclear in my explanation. I like a cycle of two weekends of that, then a rested long run that can go really long or you can throw some quality.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I should probably explain that by tempo/long run vs long/long run, I meant a tempo on day one and a long run (30 miles give or take a few, obviously starting out much lower in mileage) on day two. I think I was unclear in my explanation. I like a cycle of two weekends of that, then a rested long run that can go really long or you can throw some quality.

Thanks. Anything more than 5 miles at ,<11:30 pace will  cause my knee to swell up.My lo0ng runs are at STN MTN state park. 5 miles of killer kills. i walk the hills. Ran 81 miles last week(6 days).Pace 13:45- 15:00. I plan to use  29:15 of the 30 hours.29:59 if need be...

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter