Another Shameless Brag! (Read 1018 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

DS15 (sophomore) ran in the New England outdoor track meet today - 6 best runners (or relay teams) from each of the 6 New England states participated in each event. In the 4x800 relay, his team was seeded 19th out of 34, but finished in 8:09 to come in 10th. They were the fastest team from our state (Maine). Their previous PR was 8:15. In the two-mile, DS wasn't even supposed to run, but another boy decided not to do it in order to concentrate on the mile. DS was seeded 33rd out of 35. His previous PR was 9:57. He ran his heart out and came in at 9:39! He finished 15th overall - the second fastest runner from Maine. He is on cloud nine (he keeps saying, "Oh, my goodness"). We're taking him out to a nice restaurant tonight, and then he has to start studying for finals. Life is good!
      Congratulations to your son - I'd be really proud of him too. The two mile is an awesome race and he did amazing.
      ~ Mary ~

"Workouts are like brushing my teeth; I don't think about them, I just do them. The decision has already been made." - Patti Sue Plumer
        WOW - that kid was smoking!!!! Feed him a big steak???
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Teresa, give him a high-5 from RA--he's awesome! He's just going to keep getting faster. Wow! Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Hoping to Run Again :-(

That is so fantastic. You must be so proud of your son - GREAT job! Hope you take pics at the dinner - what a great memory for you all.
            ~ Fly ~
            Only as much as I dream can I be.
            veggies on the run

Queen of 3rd Place

Woo-HOO! And what a good role model he has in you! Arla

Ex runner

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

Fantastic! Congrats to your son!

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

Jeez, that's unbelievable... especially for a sophomore... we don't have anyone who can run that fast on our team. What's his PR in the mile? It must be good. That's too bad he still has finals to get through though... he'll have to put off basking in the limelight for a few days at least. As I look at the results, it's amazing how fast some of these guys are. I mean, to run 9:39 and only take 15th... wow Shocked I bet you were happy that New Englands were up in Saco this year... most of us down here (MA, RI, and Conn.) weren't too happy from what I hear, especially in Rhode Island and Connecticut. Anyway, congrats again!
                  PRs: 1000: 3:01 1 Mile: 4:55 2 Mile: 10:55 2009 Goals: Sub 4:50 mile, 2:50 1000 meter, Good first real XC season
                  Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks, everyone! Brad, his PR in the 1600 is 4:32. He does better in the 3200 than in the 1600! He likes the 5k even better. Actually, Saco is in southern Maine, so it's just an hour and a half from Boston. What will people think next year when the meet is in Burlington, Vermont?? I've looked at next year's school calendar, and the meet will fall just before, or during final exams, depending on how many snow days there are. Keep working hard and you'll improve a lot! DS's 3200 time a year ago was 10:24, so you can see what his training did for him. His main advice is to keep setting goals and then train hard!
                    Lane

Thanks, everyone! Brad, his PR in the 1600 is 4:32. He does better in the 3200 than in the 1600! He likes the 5k even better. Actually, Saco is in southern Maine, so it's just an hour and a half from Boston. What will people think next year when the meet is in Burlington, Vermont?? I've looked at next year's school calendar, and the meet will fall just before, or during final exams, depending on how many snow days there are. Keep working hard and you'll improve a lot! DS's 3200 time a year ago was 10:24, so you can see what his training did for him. His main advice is to keep setting goals and then train hard!
                      It'll be worth the drive to be in Burlington... they just re-surfaced their track, and it is very, very nice. Congrats to your son; New Englands can be a tough meet and I'm glad to hear that he did well. I went up to Saco Maine a couple of years ago to run the 800m at the New England Meet. It was easily in the 90's, so I'm glad the weather was nicer this time around. My parents were less than happy to drive 4 hours to Maine, watch me run for ~2 minutes, and then drive 4 hours back home in the blazing sun.

Wow, great job to him! That's some awesome running. Looking forward to facing him in a few of the road races this summer; he'll be good competition.

Run to Win
                        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

It'll be worth the drive to be in Burlington... they just re-surfaced their track, and it is very, very nice. Congrats to your son; New Englands can be a tough meet and I'm glad to hear that he did well. I went up to Saco Maine a couple of years ago to run the 800m at the New England Meet. It was easily in the 90's, so I'm glad the weather was nicer this time around. My parents were less than happy to drive 4 hours to Maine, watch me run for ~2 minutes, and then drive 4 hours back home in the blazing sun.
                          Thanks, Lane. That's cool you ran in Saco. I know how your parents feel! I do a lot of sitting around, especially since the 4x800 is usually the first event and the 3200 is one of the very last! We had four hours to kill between events on Saturday, so we sat in Quizno's a long time. We would have just driven home if gas weren't so expensive. Nothing against Vermont, I just got tired of hearing the complaints about Maine. I checked on Google maps, and Burlington is MUCH farther than Saco from most New England points. From Providence, Saco is a 2:36 drive and Burlington is a 4:26 drive. From Boston, the times are 1:45 and 3:34. From Hartford, 3:06 and 3:47. Even from Manchester, NH, it's 1:29 and 2:45. It WOULD make more sense to always hold the meet in central MA, huh? I guess that won't happen.
                            Teresa, that's great, congratulations to your son. Those are certainly impressive times, especially for a sophmore. Funny, I just left a message on the HM forum asking about you and the New Englands

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

Carps10

sub 9 senior year? sub 15 in xc senior year?