Pain in top of foot (Read 514 times)

My prewash:)

Okay now after finally mostly winning the battle with PF, I am experiencing pain in the big toe tendon on the top of my foot after my longer runs. I know my big toe lifts up when I run which may be normal? I usually have holes in the top of my shoes toward the end of their use. I have tried loosening my laces but then my shoes feel like they are too loose and slip up and down. Do any of you have this problem? Any good lacing techniques?---Thanks!

"Carpe Diem"

C-R

Not sure about the pain issue but there are others here who will chime in. As for lacing, I tried the Lydiard lacing technique and it works wonders for me. Nobby created a great powerpoint explanation of it at the lydiard foundation website.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Thank you for the great article info!!

"Carpe Diem"

I too am fighting PF and have pain in the tendon leading from my big toe to my ankle. My doctor said it was probably the tight muscles on the bottom of my foot pulling on the tendon which causes pain. It only bothers me between runs and does not seem to be getting worse. Nor is it getting better! She did take X-rays to rule out a stress fracture. Hope this helps.

Thanks you for the info! I tried lacing my shoes differently and the problem is gone. Now all I have to get rid of is the blisters on my toes! AAARRGGHHHH! If I wasn't addicted I would quit!

"Carpe Diem"