weight training - can't save workout (Read 1000 times)

Finbarr

Hi, I'm pretty new here. This is a great site! Thanks for sharing your work. I can't save my weight training workouts. I've tried to add one twice, but I keep getting an error. It looks like it's a database error, but I'm not sure. The error says "duplicate record." I wonder if it's because both time, I've accidentally pressed "Enter" instead of clicking the plus sign. Then, when I'm finished, I think, I'm not sure, but I think the duplicate record the error indicates is the row that I hit "Enter" on. I can't remember what the error message says, but it's a DB term, not field, or row, something else. It'll come to me. Anyway, can you check this out? Thanks!
    eric :)

Hi Finbarr, Could you send me an email via the feedback page of the data you're trying to save, and if possible, the error message? I don't recall having any error text that says "duplicate record". Anyway, the connection to the database seems to reset itself every so often, and it is quite possible that you save attempt happened during one of these. Give it a try and let me know what happens. Thanks! eric Smile
      Wingz

Professional Noob

Eric - I just logged a "strength training" workout (why do you have both "strength training" and "weight training" workouts?) and had some problems with it. Though I could fill in reps and the name of the exercise, the form wouldn't let me fill in any of the sets or the pounds. And once it filled in a 1 for me (I'd done 2, I don't know why it said one). It saved fine, though. ... You did say it was in my job description to find bugs in the program, right? Wink

Roads were made for journeys...

Eric - I just logged a "strength training" workout (why do you have both "strength training" and "weight training" workouts?) and had some problems with it. Though I could fill in reps and the name of the exercise, the form wouldn't let me fill in any of the sets or the pounds. And once it filled in a 1 for me (I'd done 2, I don't know why it said one). It saved fine, though. ... You did say it was in my job description to find bugs in the program, right? Wink
          I can't seem to reproduce your problem. Could you provide me with a list of steps? Did I really say your job description is to find bugs? Boy I'm beginning to feel sorry I said that Tongue added: I renamed weight training to strength training a while back, and must have left out some other text.
          Wingz

Professional Noob

Replying by "feedback" form... Thanks!

Finbarr I fixed the workout saving problem. Give it a try and let me know if it's really fixed. Janell: I'm still working on your issue.
              Finbarr

Works. Thanks!
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Though I could fill in reps and the name of the exercise, the form wouldn't let me fill in any of the sets or the pounds.
                  I don't see any of that on my end...? I have a field that says "Exercises," but no way to enter anything into it...maybe it's a Mac/browser issue for me. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I don't see any of that on my end...? I have a field that says "Exercises," but no way to enter anything into it...maybe it's a Mac/browser issue for me. k
                    Kirsten, Are you using Safari? Could you try it on Firefox? There should be a set of fields under the Exercise form. They are generated by Java script, so something might have went wrong then the page is loaded. As for not able to type anything into the fields, there is a bit of Java script that prevents you from enter non-numeric values into them. The browser you're using might not be handling the script properly. Regardless, could you tell me which browser you're using? Please PLEASE tell me it's not Safari because I have no way of testing it. eric Smile
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Kirsten, Are you using Safari? Could you try it on Firefox? There should be a set of fields under the Exercise form. They are generated by Java script, so something might have went wrong then the page is loaded. As for not able to type anything into the fields, there is a bit of Java script that prevents you from enter non-numeric values into them. The browser you're using might not be handling the script properly. Regardless, could you tell me which browser you're using? Please PLEASE tell me it's not Safari because I have no way of testing it. eric Smile
                      Ahhh...everything looks good on FF. There is nothing in the exercises field on Safari, but FF looks great. BTW, if you ever need anyone to test stuff in Safari for you, just give me a holler. I don't mind one bit--I'm happy if I can help you make stuff work for us crazy Mac-heads! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

BTW, if you ever need anyone to test stuff in Safari for you, just give me a holler. I don't mind one bit--I'm happy if I can help you make stuff work for us crazy Mac-heads!
                        Don't they have a 12-step program or something for that? Wink Eric - Just noticed it'll let me erase that "1" that it fills in (but not put anything in its place). Don't know if that means anything to you or not. Computers are almost as strange as some normal people are... Roll eyes

Eric - Just noticed it'll let me erase that "1" that it fills in (but not put anything in its place). Don't know if that means anything to you or not. Computers are almost as strange as some normal people are... Roll eyes
                          That does mean something to me, which is the Java script is not behaving correctly on your browser. Which browser are you using?
                          Wingz

Professional Noob

Firefox. I can try it on IE if you want.

Ahhh...everything looks good on FF. There is nothing in the exercises field on Safari, but FF looks great. BTW, if you ever need anyone to test stuff in Safari for you, just give me a holler. I don't mind one bit--I'm happy if I can help you make stuff work for us crazy Mac-heads! Big grin k
                              Thanks for the offer, but making stuff work involves lots of tedious steps and best carried out with my own Mac. But, the latest TV ad campaign from Apple is turning me off. The Mac guy is sooooooo obnoxious!
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

But, the latest TV ad campaign from Apple is turning me off. The Mac guy is sooooooo obnoxious!
                                But wasn't he funny in "Dodgeball?!" Wink k

~ Sarah Kay