added Training Center file import (Read 2251 times)

eric :)

I added the ability to import Training Center data. The files should have the tcx extension. Since it is technically GPS data, it has the same behavior as uploading from your Garmin, although you need to specify the file to upload. Important: if you wish to upload your Training Center data, you need to zip up the file first! The Training Center file is very bloated and chews up precious bandwidth.
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

.gpx import would also be great.
      boulanol

Hello, I have tried a .tcx upload (my tcx is provided by a gpx2tcx converter, i'm not sure it's a well formed tcx). Then I get a message that says that i have to wait while processing, but nothing never happens. Is there a troubleshooting process for that function ? Thanks a lot for your answer !
        landes

Hello, I have tried a .tcx upload (my tcx is provided by a gpx2tcx converter, i'm not sure it's a well formed tcx). Then I get a message that says that i have to wait while processing, but nothing never happens. Is there a troubleshooting process for that function ? Thanks a lot for your answer !

Hello, I have the same problem. The TCX file is imported into Running Ahead, I've got the message to wait but then nothing happens.

Thanks.

Chris345

Hello,I have tried a .tcx upload (my tcx is provided by a gpx2tcx converter, i'm not sure it's a well formed tcx).Then I get a message that says that i have to wait while processing, but nothing never happens.Is there a troubleshooting process for that function ?Thanks a lot for your answer !

+1

eric :)

I didn't get any error messages from the server about any errors during import so I'm not sure what happened.  One possible explanation is that the TCX file is larger than 1 mb so the web server just stopped the upload.  I placed a limit to conserve bandwidth.  If your file is large, you should contact me via the feedback form and I can help you import it.

hi,

Did a test. It worked fine for me. The only thing is, i didn't get the "i'm ready" message. But when i got  back on the upload page the workout was there.

One thing i did: shrink the .tcx file by linarize the xml. (easily done in notepad++ plus  xml tools plugin) which shrinked it from about 1mb to 640kb.

Uploading it in a .rar file didn't work.

Dirk