interval name question (Read 412 times)

Maggie & Molly

Hi,  I sometimes use my garmin to record a walk but when I change the default from run to walk it then won't save without my naming my "interval sets".  I've been naming it just so I can save but I am not sure why it is doing this in the first place.  Any help would be appreciated. 

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
    Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

HermosaBoy

I just call them intervals...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

#artbydmcbride

I just call them intervals...

genius!

Runners run

HermosaBoy

genius!

Simple is as simple does...

Rob

Maggie & Molly

hahaha but my question really is why is it asking me that in the first place.  I wasn't doing intervals. 

Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

HermosaBoy

hahaha but my question really is why is it asking me that in the first place.  I wasn't doing intervals. 

When I import from my garmin, it defaults to GPS Interval (or something like that).  Probably because I have auto-lap set to record every mile.  Because of that, the system thinks I am doing some form of interval.

I guess Eric likes to have all the boxes checked...

Rob

Interval sets are created for anything with a GPS record attached to it--it doesn't imply a type of workout.

If you want it to stop asking you for them, go to Options --> Manage My Activities --> Edit your "Walk" workout.  If you add a new interval set, I think it'll default to that and quit asking you each time, though.

Hope that helps!

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                Emil Zatopek

eric :)

The interval set is primarily for run entries.  When you do an intervals workout, the workout type would be set to "Intervals".  Intervals describes a wide range of workouts, such as:

- 12 x 400m

- 4 x 1000m

- 50 x 100m

Searching for all run entries that are "intervals" will return all of these workouts.  By specifying a name for the interval set, such as "4 x 1000m", you can then look for all 4 x 1000m intervals.

RA is a running log.  It allows you to log other activities by reusing the same form for running.  The interval set name is an artifact of the reuse.  When I get around to redoing the workout entry form, I'll remedy this issue.

Maggie & Molly

thanks all!!

Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363