What does it all mean? (Read 1339 times)

xor

Wednesday - my birthday

Friday - won free shoes (Brooks model of my choice)

Saturday - BQed.  Missed BQ-5 by 31 seconds.

Sunday - ran a different marathon. Got lost. Stopped for ice cream.

Monday - ran a tempo run. Mistake.

Tuesday - attacked*** by two owls during a trail run.

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN??

*** Sneaky silent pass from the back, bopped my head. Coasted up to a branch in front of me where they screeched and did the Stevie Wonder head bob.  So I kept going.  Repeat of sneaky silent pass and chewing out from tree in front of me.  Then one made a third not-silent pass toward my face. I ducked.  Then I backed up and took a different trail.

No Talent Drips

I think it means that Thursdays off are a bad idea. Slacker.

Dei Gratia

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

exciting life!?

steph  

HermosaBoy

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN??

Signs of the apocalypse?

Dogs and cats living as one?  Complete anarchy?

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

xor

I had a small run of good luck.  The way I'm interpreting it?  The owls were sent to tell me that the run is perhaps over.  They didn't claw my face off, though, (or as bhearn pointed out to me, my calves or some other from-behind attackable part) so either I got the message in time... or maybe I'm misinterpreting the message.

I do not know.

Wednesday - my birthday

Friday - won free shoes (Brooks model of my choice)

Tuesday - attacked*** by two owls during a trail run.

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN??

*** Sneaky silent pass from the back, bopped my head. Coasted up to a branch in front of me where they screeched and did the Stevie Wonder head bob.  So I kept going.  Repeat of sneaky silent pass and chewing out from tree in front of me.  Then one made a third not-silent pass toward my face. I ducked.  Then I backed up and took a different trail.

Yikes, I freak out when the red-wing black birds swoop down at me. I can't imagine two owls. I'd probably start running with a machete. 

Congrats on the BQ!

It's time to hit the road, Jack.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

#artbydmcbride

Magic  Eight ball says =  Trail goes by nesting owls, find new route for rest of summer.

Runners run

#artbydmcbride

Magic  Eight ball also says = Happy Belated Birthday, Stevie Ray!!  Smile

Runners run

Slo

Wednesday - my birthday  You're Getting Older

Friday - won free shoes (Brooks model of my choice)  You're Lucky

Saturday - BQed.  Missed BQ-5 by 31 seconds.  You were 31 secs to slow

Sunday - ran a different marathon. Got lost. Stopped for ice cream.  You have a sweet tooth

Monday - ran a tempo run. Mistake.  You were too confident in your fitness

Tuesday - attacked*** by two owls during a trail run.  Owls = wisdom. They were picking your brain.

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN??

xor

I kind of wish I could blame the tempo run on being overconfident about fitness... and actually, I made it through the run just fine.  BUT... the next day when I encountered the owls... my detour turned my 12 miles into 15+ miles.  At that point, I was strongly wishing I hadn't worked so 'comfortably hard' the day before.

That said, the tempo run was dopey stupid for a different reason.  I did not set out to run a tempo run 24 hours after a marathon double.  That run became a tempo run because I was annoyed by others on the bike path.  Derrrr.

it means that you run a heck of a lot of miles!!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN??

It appears you did not leave it all on the BQ  marathon course.

PS:Looks like you did not pick an easy course. You da man!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

xor

Because that race was my "get a BQ, and if things go well a BQ-5" goal race.  It wasn't my "destroy yourself in an effort to PR and defeat all evil" race.  (edit: oh, I have that race goal too.  It's also called "match the 3:18 you ran in 1991 before you got sick.")

I did one, and almost did the other. 

My other big goal for the summer is the White River 50 miler, which is on 7/30.  Honestly, I'm in my peak weeks of training for THAT and I didn't want to eff it up by destroying myself at Rock N Roll Seattle.

Though I am kicking myself about the 31 seconds and BQ-5.  I've analyzed and reanalyzed the race many times. I could have run it a little faster.

One thing about the way I train though, and especially that Sunday marathon... the Sunday miles were all easy easy miles.  I was an hour and a minute slower on Sunday.  I stopped for treats.  Unless I had completely hobbled myself on Saturday, the Sunday race was going to happen one way or another.

Edit: I was writing that before I saw your edit.  Yes, the Seattle rnr course is somewhat challenging and the second half is harder.  Loooong hills.  That's part of the reason I blew my 31 seconds.  Boo me. Should have run that better.

Imminent Catastrophe

Do not Google owl bad omen. That is all.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016