Question for whoever's in the know about itchy legs (Read 1997 times)

Life is Good

I have noticed that during the winter months my legs get itchy too after running or taking a bath, for myself I have found that it has to do more with the humidity in my house, your furnace may be to blame, if it has a humidity adjustment maybe adjust it a notch, we burn a lot of wood here where I live during the winter so my house is very dry, I started using a room size humidifier ( just in the winter) and it has helped, and a good lotion or baby oil after a bath or shower works to.

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

finish a half Ironman triathlon

Warrior dash 2012

Chickamauga battlefield half 2012

and a few small races in between

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

If you think your itchy legs are bad, check this out (don't even ask how I found it) Poison Ivy Rash Hall of Fame ...yes, it's disgusting, but you know you want to at least peek at it
      This one looks more like shingles than PI. I had that a year ago...I hope I am now immune. And I had a really mild case (never erupted, luckily). This time of the year I would guess dry air to be the cause of itchy legs, too. We have a humidifier that puts out about 5 gallons of water into the air EVERY day. Think about that...5 gallons. And my skin still feels dry. When our filters get too full of minerals and the humidifier can't put out as much moisture it is truly miserable. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

ptaltripp

I've had a problem with itchy thighs, hands and feet whlie jogging. My doctor informed me it was exercise-induced urticaria. I now take an antihistamine before jogging and I don't have the itching problem anymore. I hope this helps you!