NordicTrack 1750 Speed Calibration (Read 105 times)

xhristopher

So, I've been doing some work with foot pod calibration re: my comments above.

When I first tried my footpad on the mill it was almost 10% off and I figured it just needed to be calibrated. Yesterday I worked through and found the correct calibration factor to get my foot pod and treadmill calibrated to within a couple feet per mile. After 4.5 miles I was still less than a hundredth off.

Today I ran outside to see how accurate the mill was and went footpad only next to other runners with Garmins like mine. I was off a full tenth for the first two miles and then switched over to GPS.

I'm sure there might be some other variables but I'm sure they don't add up to about 10%. My stride isn't that different. I ran the mill level, up and down and still it was accurate with the foot pod after calibration.

It was suggested I need to do a better job running the tangents on my mill. That's probably it.

I'm probably going to get my footpad calibrated to be accurate outside and call that good on my mill.

Realizing my mill measures short, I can understand why people come on the forum and talk about how it's harder to run on the mill than outside. Well, if you had to run 10% faster outside that would be harder too.

Feeling the growl again

So, I've been doing some work with foot pod calibration re: my comments above.

When I first tried my footpad on the mill it was almost 10% off and I figured it just needed to be calibrated. Yesterday I worked through and found the correct calibration factor to get my foot pod and treadmill calibrated to within a couple feet per mile. After 4.5 miles I was still less than a hundredth off.

Today I ran outside to see how accurate the mill was and went footpad only next to other runners with Garmins like mine. I was off a full tenth for the first two miles and then switched over to GPS.

I'm sure there might be some other variables but I'm sure they don't add up to about 10%. My stride isn't that different. I ran the mill level, up and down and still it was accurate with the foot pod after calibration.

It was suggested I need to do a better job running the tangents on my mill. That's probably it.

I'm probably going to get my footpad calibrated to be accurate outside and call that good on my mill.

Realizing my mill measures short, I can understand why people come on the forum and talk about how it's harder to run on the mill than outside. Well, if you had to run 10% faster outside that would be harder too.

Back in the day, I used to time my run, estimate what pace I was going (typically from a few landmarks I'd estimated to be mile markers through repeated guesstimates), divide total time by pace and call that my distance.

I am glad we now have all of this sophisticated gadgetry to keep our minds busy. Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills