Nike Sportsband (Read 637 times)

Does anyone have one? I had the Garmin 405 and needed to return it (defect). I'm now considering cheaping out and getting the Nike Sportsband instead. I know it's nowhere close to the 405, but for $50 - just wondering if it's worth it.
      I had one and returned it - what a P.O.S. Also, Nike does not allow you to update/change any runs using the sportsband. If you have the Ipod version you can edit the XML file or just create one for a run using http://nikeplusedit.com and drag it to your Ipod. I use the maps on this site and a Timex 30 lap watch (I know the mile marks) to record my splits. I have heard good things about the Garmin 205/305!
        Accuracy was very bad for me with the Nike Plus deal. It works off a foot pod, more like a pedometer. While I would like to believe I was going 12:30 per mile, I know at the time I was much closer to 16. Don't know if it would be more accurate for people who are faster and maybe have a longer stride than my slow shuffle. I bought a Garmin 305 (hardly use the HRM could have saved and gone 205) and I love the ability to run anywhere and still track my mileage!

ultramarathon/triathlete

I've used them. They are not accurate so personally, I don't see the point in owning one. Personally, I would not say it was worth 5 dollars, let alone 50. If you wanna save, just buy the last model of the garmin. Very accurate and probably can find it on a good sale online now that the 405 is out. Plus if you don't want the heart rate function, you'll save even more money.

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
          Gatorade Endurance Team