Boston 2006 (Read 985 times)

I recently got my confirmation email from the BAA letting me know that I am in. This will be my 3rd marathon and 1st time at Boston. Now it is time to build my base so I can train intensely come those cold winter months. Anyone else planning on being there? ~~Mark D Cool
    Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Mark, Congrats on being accepted into the next running of Boston. I haven't been accepted yet, but I am planning to be there. Every year, my club rents a coach that drives us out to Hopkinton in style. It's a barrel of fun and I don't want to miss it. All I need to do now is get my hands on a number. Tongue eric Smile
        I'll be there. Made hotel reservations about four months ago (made the mistake of waiting before, and cost me an arm and a leg. The arm I wasn't worried about, but needed the leg to run Smile )
        My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48

The Floor Walker

I'll be there, just registered this morning. Can't wait!!!

You'll ruin your knees!

Congrats Mark! I won't be there, but Boston is one marathon that would make me think about coming back to the streets! Good luck and train smart (read: don't get hurt) Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

I'm IN!!! I'll be sending in my application today. Now let's train, stay injury free, and hope for cool sunny weather! eric Smile
                Congrats to everyone who is Boston bound! I hope to make it there someday. Smile I'll be looking for posts on how the whole experience was in a couple of months.

gimme some sugar, baby

My roommate is on a boston billboard that says "Suffering" and has a picture of him in a wheelchair. It's so hard core!
                  George: Runner/Law Student
                  www.gimme-five.com

gimme some sugar, baby

I suppose I should say it's a picture of him after he finished in a wheelchair because he was so exhausted
                    George: Runner/Law Student
                    www.gimme-five.com
                    jclancy35

I'll be there hopefully!! Not running currently due to injury, but I'm hoping that when I start back up in a week my fitness is somewhat reasonable for me to make the starting line!
                        Hi all, My next goal is to get to Boston and I have a question. The website wasn't clear about what the latest qualifying date is in order to race. It just says you have to qualify after Sept of 2004 and that the field is limited to 20,000. So what I was wondering is if I want to aim to qualify to run in the 2007 marathon, what is the last possible marathon I can run and still enter? I plan on running the rock n roll san diego full and the tucson full, but wondered if pfchangs race in January could be my backup race just in case I need another shot at it. Would this really be pushing it to try to qualify 4 months before Boston? Hopefully this isn't an issue, but wondered anyway. Smile