This made me think about my imaginary friend, Zoom-Zoom... (Read 1098 times)

You'll ruin your knees!

Adventure by Bike 

...and I think it is very close to where I imagine my imaginary friend lives... Wink

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Can't get it to load on my phone, but I look forward to seeing it when I get home.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

OMG, ha...I am actually in that video (as are DS and DH) on a friend's way-too-small-for-me mtn. bike (since DS sort of took mine over) that I am hoping to replace with something new very soon.  Heather is a good friend.  She and I have ridden on-road and off together.  She trained for Lumberjack 100 with my DH and finished with nearly identical time (she was a bit ahead of him at the start and finished only a couple of minutes before him--she is a REALLY strong rider).

~ Sarah Kay

Am I doing this right?

I miss Michigan.  Sad

No excuses....

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I miss Michigan.  Sad

Come back!  It just keeps getting more awesome!  Look what's coming! Big grin  And we have this just minutes from my house.  The first may be mtn. bike specific, but the latter link is open to hikers and runners, too, at least when the Boy Scouts aren't there.

~ Sarah Kay

Am I doing this right?

I grew up in McBain, near Cadillac.

Now I run on flat roads surrounded by corn.

No excuses....

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Cadillac area is so beautiful.  Did you ever run any of the North Country Trail races?

~ Sarah Kay

You'll ruin your knees!

OMG, ha...I am actually in that video (as are DS and DH)

Well, perhaps that is why it made me think of you.  Tongue

That was submitted for a video contest for Salsa Bikes (also Surly)... I thought it was pretty cool, got to thinking... Hey, that's close to Zoomy and then looked closer... She stands to win a titanium fatty and a trip to bike in Alaska... I think she has the best video so far!

... jlynnbob - of Saginaw variety, now in TX

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Well, perhaps that is why it made me think of you.  Tongue

That was submitted for a video contest for Salsa Bikes (also Surly)... I thought it was pretty cool, got to thinking... Hey, that's close to Zoomy and then looked closer... She stands to win a titanium fatty and a trip to bike in Alaska... I think she has the best video so far!

... jlynnbob - of Saginaw variety, now in TX

Yep, I really hope she wins it, though she's really lusting over a Salsa Warbird.  My heart is currently set on a steel Salsa El Mariachi 29er hardtail (hopefully we can pull the trigger on that in the next month or two--need to first see how much it's going to cost to fix the 3-4 things wrong with my *%$#%^*% POS 6 year old car Roll eyes -- I'm so angry with that thing that I've contemplated changing my screen name.  Stupid Mazdas).  My next-in-line want would be a Mukluk, though likely not the Ti version...$$$.  The Beargrease is cool, too, though $3k and our LBS buddy said it doesn't really feel like it's 8#s lighter than the Mukluk, so not worth paying double.

~ Sarah Kay

You'll ruin your knees!

I'm riding the El Mariachi hardtail now... here is a photo album of one of my recent adventures...

I just ordered a Vaya Ti... been waiting to see what they were doing for 2013 (not what I was looking for) and decided to take a discounted 2012.  Should be here in a couple of weeks... more for gravel touring and commuting  than for trails... will keep the El M for off-road stuff. 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

What do you think of your El Mar?  I've not yet ridden one, but even though my friend's Ala Carte is nearly 2 sizes too small for me (it's a 12.5"/XXS), I love the way the steel feels.  Even riding it on the paved rail trail to get to some singletrack is really smooth.  Big difference in feel vs. my aluminum Cannondale (the bike my DS claimed for himself...punk).

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And it's a thing of beauty, too... (this is the "3" for 2013):

~ Sarah Kay

You'll ruin your knees!

What do you think of your El Mar?  

Love it!  I have had rides of over 80 miles on it in some tough conditions and it never lets me down!  I've had a couple of steel bikes now and have not been dissapointed.  Can't wait to throw a leg over the Vaya! 

Am I doing this right?

Cadillac area is so beautiful.  Did you ever run any of the North Country Trail races?

Nope.  I'm a fairly new runner.  Probably made those jokes like "I wonder what they're running from" while living in Mich.

Too bad, because there are a severe lack of trail races out here in South Dakota.

No excuses....

You'll ruin your knees!

Hey ZZ,

What's the back story on the picture Heather is holding in the video and the song (Calico Pie... Never Came Back)?