My new goal: beat Bryan Clay's Olympic Decathlon gold medal winning time in the 1500 (Read 932 times)

Lazy idiot

the decathlon 1500 seems to always have the highway effect. you watch the graceful 1500/5k/10k machines and the decathletes look sluggish, no matter what the final clock says.
    Yet another fine point. Remind me to not start the Monkey next to you. I don't want anyone to get an idea of how slow I'm actually running.

Tick tock

Yet another fine point. Remind me to not start the Monkey next to you. I don't want anyone to get an idea of how slow I'm actually running.
      that would be a bad idea. i'll be the one carrying the beer.
      And you know sometimes it gets so painful Just like talking to yourself When everything don't seem to have no rhyme or reason We all go Do do loo do do, do do loo do do Waiting for the sun to shine

Lazy idiot

that would be a bad idea. i'll be the one carrying the beer.
        hope you have a smooth stride or that's going to be some foamy stuff.

Tick tock

did it win the gold ?
          I see Clay ran a 4:50 in the US trials back in June...and wasn't even close to winning that...so I doubt the 5:09 was the fastest time.
            But it won gold...

Runners run

and if course he could run MUCH faster if the only event he was doing was the 1500. I'm sure he could run a sub-5 mile (<= 4:37 1500). 4:37=""></= 4:37 1500).>
              Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33
              jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I see Clay ran a 4:50 in the US trials back in June...and wasn't even close to winning that...so I doubt the 5:09 was the fastest time.
                We covered that. 4:27 was the fastest. But 5:09, combined with his score in the other 9 events, was as good as gold.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Big grin
                  Is it about 5:10? Even slow pokes like me might have a chance. I also think he could have run a much faster 1500 but probably not at the end of a grueling 10 event final.