Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

pae

Yesterday I did my first run over 18 miles, capping off my PB weekly mileage at 46.  Still need to work on the endurance, because my feet get really sore on the longer runs.  Then again, how my feet were feeling yesterday was pretty much how they were feeling after my first 10 mile run last fall.  So there is progress.

completed my 2nd half marathon today and pr'd by about 30 seconds.  not bad considering it was a training run for the full and I wasn't racing.  Big grin

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Yesterday I did my first run over 18 miles, capping off my PB weekly mileage at 46.  Still need to work on the endurance, because my feet get really sore on the longer runs.  Then again, how my feet were feeling yesterday was pretty much how they were feeling after my first 10 mile run last fall.  So there is progress.

Congrats on the 40+ miles . You may want to join the 40/40 group. It helped me to stay on track with my miles. Recovering from an injure so no longer posting in the group.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

completed my 2nd half marathon today and pr'd by about 30 seconds.  not bad considering it was a training run for the full and I wasn't racing.  Big grin

WTG. PR on a training run Cool

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Had a 30 mile week that did not included a marathon. It has been awhile.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

First run in the rain.

I experience this though I only run in a short distance, I am afraid of getting sick

As of today, I run about 5 miles with my friends, kinda fun

we should prioritize our health and body. my site

broke 100 miles for month yesterday for 45th consecutive 100 + mpm

---As to "first run in the rain", I really love running in the rain!  When the rain is hardest (if no lightning), then I am out there in it. :-)  Expands the horizons and makes other runs in 'dry' shoes + clothes seem easy.  Sometimes some self-forced adversity puts all other things in a better perspective. :-)

---TO PAE and the "sore feet on the 18-miler" comment, sounds familiar!  All I can say is "time on feet" increasing will fix that.  There will come a day if you increase mileage that you will be able to do 18 and not have those issues anymore. :-)

---To Skyedog who broke 100 miles for a 45th consecutive month, all I can say is that I am trying to follow in your footsteps!  Great work and consistency!

And that is the 3 things I saw right off the bat and wanted to reply to.  What is my big victory?  Well, that I ran my 3rd Marathon at a 110% effort those last 6 miles and got my sub-4 goal (3:59:27,close!)  Also, that even after having wrecked legs afterward, today (4 days later), I was able to get on a treadmill today at PR breaking pace of close to a 6 minute mile and it seemed easy! :-)  I'm stoked :-)

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Took today off.  I've been training really hard but am feeling the miles.  The weather was better than usual... and I really wanted to go out... but common sense prevailed and I took a rest day.  That's actually a victory for me Wink

Edwards

yeah I've been "forcing" myself to take at least 1 day off per week.    very difficult sometimes especially when it is nice weather

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Greenway marathon goal <5

4:57:15 Baby steps* Rehap

Hills and more hills

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Mostly harmless

Greenway marathon goal <5

4:57:15 Baby steps* Rehap

Hills and more hills

That is awesome! To come in nearly 3 minutes under your goal time is fantastic! Congratulations and if you have written a race report I would love to read it.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

goandrun

Reached first 9 miles ever last Fri on 4-19-13. So far, no injuries! Hope to reach double digits soon....

Roadrunner's Apprentice

Small victory:  first time I ever did 2 runs in the same day.  Ran an easy 2 miles with my 9 year old son first then my regular pace for 3 miles a few hours later.  So that's why some people have a dashed line around the days on their calendar!

2014 Goals:

- sub-26 5K : sub-56 10K : 1st half marathon

- Tell my excuses to shut up and lace up...

I ran a shorter run than I planned. It was a wise decision and my ankle is thanking me for it!!  My victory was listening to myself and being able to run another day Smile

5k  = 19.48 10/1/13

10k  = 45.28 4/16/13

Half Marathon = 1:38.53  Summer Sizzle 7/13/14

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/12  4:39.11

Solo O Marathon 06/02/13  3:52:10

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/13 3:40.34