Shoe Tieing (Read 865 times)

This topic has come up many times but here goes again. When you tie your shoes do you have any good system to make sure your shoes are a consistent comfortable tightness? I often find myself retieing them 3-4 times to get them just right. There must be a simpler way. Okay I just discovered http://www.speedlaces.com/ Anybody have any experience with them? Do most running stores carry them?
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Consistent tightness? I keep my shoes loose. Tight shoes cause injuries.
        I think I break rules about my shoes. I can slip right in and out of my shoes without ever touching the laces. Blush

Michelle

Ostrich runner

I rarely untie my running shoes.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

What I meant was a consistent tightness from the toes to the top of the shoe. Not that it is particularly tight just that it is consistent.
            Consistent tightness? I keep my shoes loose. Tight shoes cause injuries.
            runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I 2 Mississippii do not unlace my shoes Big grin

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

jeffdonahue

you might try looking into something like Yankz (www.yankz.com I think) - elastic type laces that pretty much ensure the same tightness every time. Triathletes use them because you dont want to have to waste time tying shoes in transition areas.

The Greatest of All Time

you might try looking into something like Yankz (www.yankz.com I think) - elastic type laces that pretty much ensure the same tightness every time. Triathletes use them because you dont want to have to waste time tying shoes in transition areas.
                  I used to call them speed laces and they do rock. But I found it was hard to get the shoes really snug and I only wore them on light weight racing shoes anyway. Might be worth a shot though.
                  all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

A Saucy Wench

I flex my foot hard when I tie them...makes the ankle a bit bigger so I dont overtie. Then I tighten the area around the midfoot and loosen more around the ankle and good to go. Usually if they are at the overall right tightness it evens out to the right spots as I run. I hate the bubble laces because they hold uneven tightness.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Oh Mighty Wing

untied my shoes and loosened them on today's run - my arch and calf were cramping - cramps went away!! unfortunately I forgot to retie after loosening so they wouldn't continue to loosen - they got a little too loose... Tomorrow i'm gonna try them super loose (with with a knot to keep em in place) for the whole run and see how it goes! I'm excited!!
                      andyndallas

I have used them for 9 years, won't use anything else. They make your shoes feel like socks. Easily adjustable when running to get a little more space in the shoe.
                        ...and miles to go before I sleep

I just tie my shoes using this knot: http://news.runtowin.com/2006/09/18/one-simple-knot-that-keeps-your-shoes-tied.html Shoes are comfortable and don't come untied and are easy to get the knot out when I want it to come out.

Run to Win
                          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

rockintrax

Is it bad that I normally don't worry about this? Confused Well - I do become slightly shoe-tieing obsessed when I race. It always seems really hard to figure out the perfect tightness when I'm getting ready to race in my flats. What I do is tie them and then jump up and down in place a couple of seconds (allows me to feel if where there is tightness if any). Then I adjust laces - and go again. As for the elastic (or speed laces) - not a great fan as over time they seem to loosen up and i have to keep pulling them tighter and tighter - which just annoys the begeezies outta me.
                            Steph

Go Pre!

This topic has come up many times but here goes again. When you tie your shoes do you have any good system to make sure your shoes are a consistent comfortable tightness? I often find myself retieing them 3-4 times to get them just right. There must be a simpler way. Okay I just discovered http://www.speedlaces.com/ Anybody have any experience with them? Do most running stores carry them?
                              Lock laces Rock I use these. Awesome. Comfortable, easy, lasts through at least 3 pairs of shoes. About $10, will never change back. Speedlaces make you have to loop 'em around the posts. I didn;t like them as much as LockLaces.