Nutrition? (Read 505 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Buttermilk is simply a wimpy version of yogurt. When a recipe calls for buttermilk, replacing it with yogurt is sooooo much better. This morning, yogurt and butter biscuits with home-made blueberry jam (itself made from blueberries we picked). 4 cups flour 4 tsp baking powder 1 tsp baking soda 1 1/2 tsp salt some sugar 2 sticks butter 2 cups yogurt (homemade if possible, otherwise use unsweetened without chemicals) 1. Preheat oven to 375°. 2. mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. 3. mix flour mixture and butter by hand or in a food processor until sand-like. 4. Add yogurt and mix just until mixture comes together 5. Dump out onto a floured surface 6. Roll dough to 1-inch thickness. 7. Cut to 2-3 inch circles (use a glass or a jar). 8. Place biscuits onto cookie sheet or cast iron skillet (my favorite). 9. Bake until lightly browned, 18 to 20 minutes. Yummy!!! Also good with cheese and eggs.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That sounds SOOOoooo good and really easy, too. Mmmm....biscuits! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Making this to go atop the leftover biscuits for tomorrow morning: Mango Chutney 1-2 cups mango, peeled and coarsely chopped 1 cup raisins 1 cup sugar 3/4 cup vinegar ginger finely chopped 1 clove garlic, chopped 1 tsp salt orange zest red chile pepper flakes - Mix all ingredients - Heat to boiling. - Simmer for about 45 minutes until thick
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

What time is breakfast!? Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Breakfast is right before I run 11.2 hilly miles... Evil grin

Now that was a bath...

Who are you? And why the hell aren't you married to me! Wink Claire xxx
            • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
            • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.