I'm back guys! (Read 1961 times)

Slow-smooth-fast

Just got back. Did 3.3m, kept the pace slow, but felt like shit. Cardio out of the window. Calves were very tight too and lower back was aching?

Still, at least I got out of the door and have made a start

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

Purdey

Self anointed title

I said to do 2.

Slow-smooth-fast

I didnnt thinks you mean it? Well I am gonna lower it for the next few and just build uo when I am ready. x

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

xhristopher

... I am ready. x

Good to hear.

I said to do 2.

He thought you meant 3.3 :-)

Slow-smooth-fast

Stuck to my word and not overdone it for the first week, last day of the week a long run (never thought I would consider a long run 5 miler!).

Still slow and  easy!  Learnt the hard way too many times! My fat frame will hopefully shed this weight over the next few months.

Stuck to my word...Still slow and  easy!  Learnt the hard way too many times! 

Hopefully the lesson sticks this time Eddy, I'd hate to see you drop off the radar yet again.  Keep it rollin', steady, strong and easy.

E.J.
                Greater Lowell Road Runners
                Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Slow-smooth-fast

Hopefully the lesson sticks this time Eddy, I'd hate to see you drop off the radar yet again.  Keep it rollin', steady, strong and easy.

Thanks for the support Bad Dawg, jusrt never realised how hard it would be!

Dave

Thanks for the support Bad Dawg, jusrt never realised how hard it would be!

wait until you're 40. Then its hard. You'll be back in no time.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

wait until you're 40. Then its hard. You'll be back in no time.

Or 60!

Glad to see you back, Eddy.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.