My first Medal! (Read 498 times)

Go Pre!

It was another family race day--- Yesterday's 5k race actually only went so-so. I went out too fast and ran the first kilometre in 3:20...Being about 40 seconds faster than I should have, a shoulder cramp set in and I could not recover. I ended up walking for about 20 seconds and let my daughter catch up. We ran together which was nice and I pushed her to sprint the last half K and she beat me by 20 seconds! She also ended up 3rd out of the 8 girls that entered from her Cross Country School team. I ended up with a respectable 23:45 a somehow managed to place second in the 35-39 age group. A medal and a $20 prize for me even though it was 1:45 slower than last week's 22:00 PR. It actually felt weird to win a medal on a day where I walked for a bit!!! My poor ruuning friend finished ahead of me and got nothing as he is in the next age group! Confused Sarah (my daughter) and Anita (my wife) both ran well and almost matched their PRs which is great for a hilly course on a sub-freezing day. (28 degrees f) Little Cam's 1k was not officially timed but I think he finished top 3 or even better for his age group. So, Even though I am in the midst of Marathon training I am determined to continue to lower my 5k times. I am not sure how long it will take me but I have a personal goal to continue to set PRs until I break 20 mins. Dave Modified...cuz I type like a flying monkey!
    va

Nice job Daddyo!!! Also, it seem like you and your wife passed on your running genes to your kids. Well done!
        WTG! congrats to you and the whole family! Big grin

Jennifer mm#1231

Congratulations!! Glad that you and your family were able to get out together and do the race!! How fun!! And money to boot! Smile

Dog-Love

Way to go-Daddyo!!! I think it is great that your daughter has embraced the sport! I also have a runninng daughter who doesn't let me miss a race.
            Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)