Fall 50 Race -- Door Co., WI (Read 660 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

If anyone runs this next year I will try to go cheer you on...or at least have my folks make HTFU signs for ya'! That's my childhood stomping ground. I can attest to that being a pretty challenging course...there are some EVIL hills in that area...flat areas punctuated by some seriously steep grades. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

The race says solo ultra-marathoners and "teams of up to five runners." Hmmmmm. How big is mom and dad's house? LOL

Rick
      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
      runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Think Whirled Peas

Zoom^2 You "might" talk me into the GR Mary next year. What you WILL NOT do, in either of our lifetimes, is talk me into that race! 50 miles my arse! Big grin

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The race says solo ultra-marathoners and "teams of up to five runners." Hmmmmm. How big is mom and dad's house? LOL
          Tiny--1 bedroom, but that team thing is intriguing, isn't it?! Don't worry, Mike, I'm not planning any 50 mile races, myself. Egads, that would take SO long! k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Zoom^2 You "might" talk me into the GR Mary next year. What you WILL NOT do, in either of our lifetimes, is talk me into that race! 50 miles my arse! Big grin
            Never say never. Wink

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Never say never. Wink
              Totally agree with this. In March (after starting running in February) I was posting messages here whether I should run a half marathon. Now I've done that and more. You never know what you are capable of until you try.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

You'll ruin your knees!

Very scenic...call me when they move it off the asphalt. As for how long it would take...I say - you can do more than you think you can, you are capable of more than you know! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Another Passion

Tiny--1 bedroom, but that team thing is intriguing, isn't it?! k
                  Intriguing indeed.

Rick
                  "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                  "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                  runningforcassy.blogspot.com