National Marathon DC (Read 913 times)

So excited to find this thread!!! I'm in Week 5 of training for the National Marathon, although I haven't registered for it, yet. I'm going on vacation for 10 days in February, so I want to see how I feel after that. Is there a chance it could sell out? I've got 16 miles planned tomorrow, but I'm nervous, since it's supposed to be so cold. (I'm in Falls Church.) I'm using a plan generated at RunnersWorld.com, based off my MCM time (first marathon!). So far, the training this time around has been great.
      I just started a Northern Virginia group, if any one is interested. I wil be running the half at national, and I live in fairfax.
      Kimmie

ok, so I finally registered! I am going to do the half and I need to do some serious training over the next five weeks. I don't know why I had such a slump in my motivation but now I'm on track. Committing money really helps me. How's everyone else doing?
          I think I am going to run the half. I live in California, but was in DC on business this week and saw the marathon advertised on TV. I have to be back there anyway the day after, so I figure I might as well come a day early and run. Looks like fun.
          Lookin' back at my background, tryin' to figure out how I ever got here...
            I've got my last (second) 20 miler this weekend in preparation for the marathon. Kind of nervous, as my 16 miler two weeks ago was the worst ever, following a 10 day trip to Hawaii. I didn't get to run much while on vacation and I felt it in my run when I got home. After this weekend, I have tapers of 12 and 8 miles on the weekends before National. Looking forward to it!
            Kimmie

how's everyone's training going? Just checking in.... It feels funny just training for a half instead of a full. Never thought I'd say something like "I ONLY ran 14 miles on Saturday." Smile

Hey, nice marmot!

Things are going great for me. I lost about three weeks over the last few months due to a few colds I had. I'd really like those weeks back, but I think I should be pretty well-prepared on the 29th. I ran the St. Patrick's Day 8K in DC last weekend and did a lot better than I thought I would, so I have some reason to be optimistic. At any rate, it's nice to be able to get out and race again. Between December and March, races pretty much disappear around here.

Ben

"The world is my country, science is my religion."-- Christiaan Huygens

Cool Ha Kimmie-ONLY 14 miles. A true marathoner. I'll be there doing the 1/2 also. I've run it twice before and am not in love with this one, but have a good time anyway. I'm coming off a lung infection and cracked ribs, so slow and steady for me. Hope to see all there. Kathy