running backpacks for women (Read 143 times)

I'm looking for a backpack for my run commute - ladies, any recommendations? (gender specific question as many backpacks have shoulder straps that are too wide, or the pack is too long...some fit women's bodies better than others.) I'm specifically looking at the Solomon agile or haglöfs gram packs, if anyone has experience with those. Open to all suggestions though! The pack would need to fit a rolled-up down jacket and pants for after the run, plus keys train ticket money & phone. I'm not looking to schlep my whole work outfit or a laptop with me. I don't need a hydration pack specifically but it would be nice to have the option to put a bladder in it.

danke!

Best Present Ever

I have a 10l osprey viper pack I use a lot. It is a hydration pack, but I often use it without the bladder. It's got a women's version. My friend has the men's and  I don't  see a difference in anything but color. However, I'm short with narrow shoulders and it fits me just fine.

How many women do you generally carry?

Runners run

Kalsarikännit

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Joann Y

I've been using the Deuter Speed Lite 10. It's perfect for what you are describing. It's small, fits close, and secures tight, esp with the chest strap. I don't bother with the waist strap. I've had it maybe 8-10 years and it holds up.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'm really liking my Osprey Rev 6 so far.  I think it would be a great run commute backpack.  Lots of space.

Running is dumb.

I wish this lady had been here at 5:30 this morning to give me this "bitch please" look when I failed to get up because it was too dark.

thanks for all suggestions! I ordered a couple to try on and will report back.

Mikey - ha ha. Everyone knows it's all about the Estonian carry http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wife_carrying

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

How many women do you generally carry?

Some find binders more useful for that.

Nana_

I own the Nathan Zeal water vest, lots of storage room

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

But the thread for binders sold specifically for women is a different thread, right?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Gender identity is so confusing these days.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Isn't someone doing a blog interviewing various people about the first time they successfully found a backpack or binder for their gender, asking how many miles it took them and what kind of training?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

AFAIK, no; however, I encourage you to start one.

I went with the one Joann Y recommended, deuter racelite. It was the least expensive and had the best fit. Not necessarily blogworthy but it holds objects, doesn't chafe, and the grey and black color scheme is even gender-neutral. Thanks again for all the tips!