What do you use to keep track of your distance and time when you run? (Read 1123 times)

go Care Bear go!

Another happy Garmin 305 user here. But, let me say that the first year or so I ran, it was just me and my cheap Timex sports watch. Then I got a HRM and started to like keeping track of all that. I often used gmap-pedometer for mapping out my runs but mainly counted on races (known distances) to gauge how I was coming along. This year, 5 years into running and triathlon, I got the Garmin for my birthday. I really do love it! A little story though... I think alot of us really rely on our "gadgets" and I was at a race start last week when my G305 died on me. (Though I thought I'd recharged it... notsomuch!) I started to panic and get all anxious about my race but ended up just deciding there was nothing I could do other than give it a go. At first, it made the run very difficult for me, psychologically. I didn't even know what time it was, nevermind HR, distance, pace.... I had a decent race and lucky for me they had volunteers at each mile marker shouting out the time since it wasn't chip timed, just one gun time. I ended up keeping a pretty steady pace for the whole 10 miles and it was a little refreshing to not be looking at data that whole time.
    daves14304

I try and map it before hand and for time I'll use a watch or stopwatch.