30% off "employee discount" @ Eastbay.com (Read 1519 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

*Use promotion code EM01AC6T at checkout. Valid online at eastbay.com, by phone or mail. Does not apply to prior purchases or open orders and cannot be combined with any other offers. May not be used toward purchase of GiftCards or team orders. Promotion may be modified or terminated at any time. Certain restrictions may apply. Offer valid 7/21/2006 (12:00 pm CT) to 7/28/2006 (11:59 pm CT). Ugh...those damned New Balance trainers are taunting me--I'd save $30 if I ordered them via this sale. Should I do it? I really wanted to go to the NB store an hour away (I got lucky with my current pair of shoes, which I ordered online, sight unseen), but then I'd be paying $100 + gas...what to do, what to do...? If you were me, would you go ahead and order them? I really think the 1000s will work well for my needs (neutral/no pronation issues). k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

I think you're already having knee issues so new shoes shouldn't hurt! I also think that if driving for 2 hrs costs you $100 you need a more fuel efficient vehicle! How's the return policy for Eastbay? Have you ordered stuff from them in the past? Specifically, if you buy shoes from them online, can you return them if they pinch your heels or don't fit right in some other way? If their return policy is good and they are a reputable company and you know what you want and you need new shoes, then I think you should go ahead and get them. If one of those is missing, you might want to reconsider.

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I also think that if driving for 2 hrs costs you $100 you need a more fuel efficient vehicle!
        Silly girl...the shoes would cost $100 (as opposed to $70 via Eastbay with this special offer). Our car gets about 30mpg. Wink Their return policy is that they will take unworn items back (I would assume that I'd get a pretty decent idea if they will work for me just trying them on and walking around in the house a bit--at least I will know if they fit in terms of arch, length, width, etc.). They really are a good company--our HS track team always ordered from them when they were a tiny "running store" with a catalog that was just a small flyer. I ordered my current shoes from them. k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Guess what....? With the almost $40 I had refunded to me by that nice online NB store + today's $30 savings on $100 shoes I'm having a good week! Big grin Eryn, weren't you needing new shoes? Does Eastbay carry the ones you like? Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

BTW, meet my new babies: I had never seen that color until today, not even on NB's website. That's way cooler than blue or pinky-red. They look fast! I'll bet I run like a demon in those puppies! Big grin I think they need names.... Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

I think they need names....
              Killer Bees? Demon Runners? Yellow Devils?

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Killer Bees?
                LOL! ETA: aww...crap, looks like they have hotlinking disabled. Here's the image: http://www.tvacres.com/images/killer_bees5.jpg

~ Sarah Kay