Mizuno.... (Read 3866 times)

Flexibility in the forefoot.... then the Wave Elixir would be a sweet choice.

---------

Hamish911

Hey Seth - when can we expect to see the second colour-way for the Elixir 8. I know you love the orange, but not quite my fav. My Elixir 7's are nearing retirement.

Also what is the US colour going to be? I've seen the Aussie colour in the catelogue - will be Blue and red checkers

Hey Seth - when can we expect to see the second colour-way for the Elixir 8. I know you love the orange, but not quite my fav. My Elixir 7's are nearing retirement.

Also what is the US colour going to be? I've seen the Aussie colour in the catelogue - will be Blue and red checkers

Hey Hamish!     
        Hope things are well my friend....  The new color up of the Elixir 8 will be available in July!  And yea... I'm pretty excited for it too....

Elixir 8 Colorup

---------

Hamish911

Ok thanks Seth - that is a better colour for me.

Things are going well thanks m8. Doing 3-4 half marathons this year. Been injury free for pretty much 18months (which is only a few months after I started running again after a 13yr break). My Inspire 8 Osakas are great! 450km in them now and got a fair bit of life in em still. Inspire 9's I got at chrissy and have almost put 100 on them. The elixir 7's are almost at 400km and i'm noticing a loss in cushioning in the forefoot. I'm probably going to get a pair of Mirage 3's just for a test. Thought on it?

Tried on Musha 5 the other day - felt sweet on my foot, but maybe just too little shoe for me.

Splashalot

Love that blue on the Elixir, Seth.  Great looking shoe.

Love that blue on the Elixir, Seth.  Great looking shoe.

Agreed.  Now, I just gotta wait until July!!

---------

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Hi. I am a very happy convert to Mizuno Wave Inspire 9s from Nike LunarGlides.

I now have 2 pairs of Wave Inspire 9s in different colors and love them!!

What I am wondering is what are the differences between Wave Inspire 9s and Elixir 8s? I ask this because of a vanity reason: The Elixir 8s come in this beautiful pink and grey checked pattern that I am in love with! All of my running clothes are bright pink, purple, or blue. I have the blue Wave Inspire 9s that look awesome with my blue stuff, and the dark grey and seafoam green Inspire 9s look ok with everything else but I am dying for a pair of pink running shoes. I know that is kind of silly and vain but I'm a matchy kind of girl Wink. My obvious priority, though, is a shoe that works well for me as a runner regardless of what it looks like. I need stability shoes as I am an overpronator, so that is my biggest priority. Since the Elixir 8s are stability shoes, I was hoping that there was a chance they could work well for me too. Can you outline the differences between the 2 shoes for me? Thanks!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Splashalot

Elixir is fairly similar to Lunarglide in terms of stability, so should be OK in that regard.  Forefoot cushion will be firmer the in the Elixir than either Lunarglide or Inspire.

I'm sure Seth can explain the differences in more detail.....

My go-to trainers are Inspire 8 and Nexus 6. Perfect support and cushioning.  But 10 oz is kinda clunky for me. Thoughts?

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Hi Sethh! Speaking of the Wave Inspire...I have the Inspire 7's and find them just sort of ok. Right level of stability, but a little narrow in the forefoot and kind of clunky and stiff-feeling. Given the stability, I'll probably stick with them, but I'm wondering if (for my next pair) the 8 or 9 are a little more flexible or have a different, smoother ride? (I know a lot of this is probably subjective, but maybe others have noticed the same thing...)

Thanks a lot!

Hey RunHarrietRun!

Thanks for the note!  So, to be honest... we had a lot of poor feedback with the Inspire 7.  Sure it was a nice shoe, great stability... but like you noticed, a lot of runners did not love the fit they had been accustomed to from Mizuno, which was a bummer.  The shoe was retooled with the Inspire 8, and it seems the Inspire lovers were happy again..

Then.. this past November the Wave Inspire 9 was released, and has been awesome.  It's still featuring the stability you have gorwn to love within the Inspire family, but the shoe's upper is all new... less overlays, the shoe flexes in all the right spots and is just smooth as buttah.

I hope that helps, but I would absolutely check out the Wave Inspire 9

Best,

Seth

Hi Sethh! Speaking of the Wave Inspire...I have the Inspire 7's and find them just sort of ok. Right level of stability, but a little narrow in the forefoot and kind of clunky and stiff-feeling. Given the stability, I'll probably stick with them, but I'm wondering if (for my next pair) the 8 or 9 are a little more flexible or have a different, smoother ride? (I know a lot of this is probably subjective, but maybe others have noticed the same thing...)

Thanks a lot!

---------

My go-to trainers are Inspire 8 and Nexus 6. Perfect support and cushioning.  But 10 oz is kinda clunky for me. Thoughts?

Elixir my friend.... Elixir.

---------

Glad to you have as a "happy Mizuno convert"!!!

The Inspire provides a more medial stability than the Elixir... so to be honest, if it's working I would really tell you to stick with it.
                            That being said.. the Elixir might be a great option for you to use on your speed workouts and during any races.. (plus, that way you can rock your funky outfits with your kicks).  The Elixir is very firm, especially within the forefoot, and less supportive than the Inspire.  That being said... I love a firm forefoot in my shoes, and wear the Elixir for about 90% of my mileage.

New color of the Inspire 9 was JUST released... it's a pretty awesome orange, I wish it was in men's!

Hi. I am a very happy convert to Mizuno Wave Inspire 9s from Nike LunarGlides.

I now have 2 pairs of Wave Inspire 9s in different colors and love them!!

What I am wondering is what are the differences between Wave Inspire 9s and Elixir 8s? I ask this because of a vanity reason: The Elixir 8s come in this beautiful pink and grey checked pattern that I am in love with! All of my running clothes are bright pink, purple, or blue. I have the blue Wave Inspire 9s that look awesome with my blue stuff, and the dark grey and seafoam green Inspire 9s look ok with everything else but I am dying for a pair of pink running shoes. I know that is kind of silly and vain but I'm a matchy kind of girl Wink. My obvious priority, though, is a shoe that works well for me as a runner regardless of what it looks like. I need stability shoes as I am an overpronator, so that is my biggest priority. Since the Elixir 8s are stability shoes, I was hoping that there was a chance they could work well for me too. Can you outline the differences between the 2 shoes for me? Thanks!!!

---------

Ok thanks Seth - that is a better colour for me.

The elixir 7's are almost at 400km and i'm noticing a loss in cushioning in the forefoot. I'm probably going to get a pair of Mirage 3's just for a test. Thought on it?

Tried on Musha 5 the other day - felt sweet on my foot, but maybe just too little shoe for me.

Hey man,

400km, thats about 250 miles... thats not a lot for a pair of Elixirs.  I rotate my pairs out once I hit 400, even if they feel good... I think you should be able to at least get 300 miles out of them... but if they are feeling flat, then listen to your body for sure.

You're right about the Musha 5, it's sweet!  I don't run much in the Musha as my rotation is normally Elixir, Ronin then Universe for the fast stuff (track workouts and 5k's) but the Musha 5 is my eveyrday casual shoe because it fits so well, feels great on, and honestly... just looks awesome.

The Mirage from Saucony is probably one of the closest competitors comparison to the Elixir... it's a solid shoe, a triathlete friend of mine runs in that shoe exclusively and digs it... but I've never ran in it so can't comment.   Just be careful the first few runs if you do go that route, because of the 4mm heel/toe offset might take a few runs to adjust to.

Glad things are well!   Few more weeks til Boston for me!

---------

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

What do you mean exactly by "firm forefoot"? I'm still pretty new to all the shoe terminology. Do you mean it is not as flexible? Or that it is not very cushioned?

Is the heel toe drop the same between the two shoes?

Glad to you have as a "happy Mizuno convert"!!!

The Inspire provides a more medial stability than the Elixir... so to be honest, if it's working I would really tell you to stick with it.
                                That being said.. the Elixir might be a great option for you to use on your speed workouts and during any races.. (plus, that way you can rock your funky outfits with your kicks).  The Elixir is very firm, especially within the forefoot, and less supportive than the Inspire.  That being said... I love a firm forefoot in my shoes, and wear the Elixir for about 90% of my mileage.

New color of the Inspire 9 was JUST released... it's a pretty awesome orange, I wish it was in men's!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to