Anti-fog products for sunglasses? (Read 674 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I am planning to wear Sunglasses all Winter, as I found last year that wind, blowing snow, bitter cold, and glare all really bothered my eyes (and the UV is not something I want to expose my eyes to for months on end, either). I have a wonderful pair of photochromic Tifosis that I grabbed for cheap a while back. Anyhow...they fog really bad when the wind is at my back or if it's cold and still. I am familiar with Cat Crap for ski goggles, but are there any other anti-fog products that others have used with good results?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Along for the Ride

They have a lot of anti-fog products for swimming goggles. That might work? http://www.amazon.com/Speedo-753514-082-Anti-Fog-Goggle-Spray/dp/B00070QENK

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ooh, that looks like an option, too. I wonder if spray would work better than cream...I tend to wash my glasses after every run (sweat hog), so whatever I use probably won't last for more than a single run, anyhow.

~ Sarah Kay

Not sure about eyeglasses, but I apply a super super thin coat of soap diluted a tiny bit with water to the bathroom windows and they don't fog up. Smile
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Not sure about eyeglasses, but I apply a super super thin coat of soap diluted a tiny bit with water to the bathroom windows and they don't fog up. Smile
            Ooh...any kind of soap? Though I'd be paranoid that it would somehow get in my eyes...I'm talented, that way. If there's a way to blind myself on a run, I'll find it! Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Ooh...any kind of soap? Though I'd be paranoid that it would somehow get in my eyes...I'm talented, that way. If there's a way to blind myself on a run, I'll find it! Tongue
              No particular kind of soap. I was thinking about the soap in the eye factor too...but there should only be a ultra thin coat anyway, otherwise I wouldn't think you'd be able to see. I just typed a search into Google- someone suggested baby shampoo for diving masks. The best recommendation, though, was spit!
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, I've heard of spit, before...I know that's what works for diving masks--I never really thought about that for sunglasses, but maybe it would work. That baby shampoo idea sounds doable, though--and that shouldn't cause eye irritation, either. k

~ Sarah Kay

That baby shampoo idea sounds doable, though--and that shouldn't cause eye irritation, either. k
                  Less $ too.