I can has intestinal fortitude? (Read 703 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I was at Dick's today buying a swim cap (DS was going to be a blue man for Halloween, so I found him a royal blue swim cap, rather than shaving his head and painting him blue...but now he wants to be a mini Trent in doctor's scrubs, so that's cool). As I was checking out I made the nearly fatal error of looking in the glass case at the register...where they have 3 models of Forerunner. There I stood with plastic in hand. And I resisted the allure of the Garmin. Would sure have been a neato thing to have on my wrist on Sunday morning. Damn, is it too early for me to buy myself my Christmas gift...?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

NOPE not too early considering it's a great tool to have! BTW cool costume Dane is going to wear!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I don't know HOW you did it. Resisting such a temptation. You have the power. Big grin

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Gah, I am so tempted to go get that damned dorky device...ack! Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

Damn, is it too early for me to buy myself my Christmas gift...?
            No. Zoomie, just treat yourself to the Garmin!! You obviously covet it .... you'll certainly use it ... and let's face it: it's freakin' awesome.
            2009: BQ?
            PWL

Has been

...but now he wants to be a mini Trent in doctor's scrubs, so that's cool).
              That's kind of funny...no offense to Trent. Clowning around

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Another Passion

That is quite the display of intestinal fortitude Zoomie. You must not be a free-spender. Me, I put the bug in my mom and dad's ear this week that the Garmin 305 would make a fabulous birthday/Christmas gift for their favorite son since my birthday's in November. Wait... I'm their ONLY son. Roll eyes

Rick
                "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                runningforcassy.blogspot.com

OMG- BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big grin
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That is quite the display of intestinal fortitude Zoomie. You must not be a free-spender.
                    He don't know me vewy well... /Bugs Bunny Gah, I really want it, but I'm not sure that I want to break it in during a race. With my luck I'd get so distracted trying to figure it out that I'd run into someone or trip on my own feet and fall down. I think I'd rather just be good and wait to find it on sale (lord knows Dick's won't have a good price on it) and/or wait for Christmas.... Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Gah, I really want it, but I'm not sure that I want to break it in during a race.
                      Break it in?? Ya don't have ta break it in....although you do need to charge it initially, so you'd better hurry!! Ok. Do you want me to go shopping with you? MTA: /instigator off
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Break it in?? Ya don't have ta break it in....although you do need to charge it initially, so you'd better hurry!! Ok. Do you want me to go shopping with you? MTA: /instigator off
                        Heh...then can I blame you? I used to blame my friend Beth (my friend who filed chapter 13 a decade ago after having her car repo'd) when I would spend too much shopping... Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

Heh...then can I blame you?
                          Absolutely! What are friends for!? Although, unlike Beth (I'm assuming), I'm a bargainholic, so I'd balance it out by helping you "save money" on other good deals in the same day! It's warped reasoning, but it works for me if it works for you...
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, but I don't need to do anymore bargain shopping, either... Big grin Beth is a killer bargain shopper, too--she just shopped too much altogether. She would buy stuff and never even cut the tags off. She'd get great deals at TJX and Value City, but spend money she didn't have. 2 separate people bought her post-its that said "how can I be out of money? I still have checks left." It was funny, but sad and scary at the same time. That said, nowadays she and her hubby have amazing credit--but they also have a lot more income to make up for it. k

~ Sarah Kay