Home Theater Question (Read 164 times)

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

In terms of audio/video quality, is it generally better to run HDMI devices into a receiver, then out to the TV, or the other way around?

Or, since it's a digital signal, does it matter?

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

xhristopher

Do you think you will be able to hear/see the difference? I know I wouldn't. Therefore, I'd do what makes the most sense/is easiest.

BTW...RA has an excellent polling function for these questions. You can give up to 16 possible options.

Not dead. Yet.

In terms of quality, it doesn't matter as long as it stays digital. You want to route your devices through the receiver though, so you can switch everything through it.

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?

Wing

Joggaholic

In terms of audio/video quality, is it generally better to run HDMI devices into a receiver, then out to the TV, or the other way around?

Or, since it's a digital signal, does it matter?

Practically, I say no. Although if one wishes to nitpick finer details, not all digital signals are the same, signals can be interfered with and drops bits and pieces while traversing wires and equipments, and across interfaces (translation: crappy products)