A challenge for the "bucket list" (Read 871 times)

shadowlioness

A group of friends and I completed Tough Mudder - Colorado this weekend. Super fun but once was enough! 

It was just over 12 miles up and down ski slopes at Beaver Creek in Avon, CO. There were 23 obstacles. We ended up walking much of it (no mudder left behind!), but we started as a team and finished as a team.

The map is here: 
    http://toughmudder.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Info-Sheet_Colorado.pdf  

There were several moments when I found myself asking "why? why in the name of all that is holy did i sign up for this?" Well, the answer was quite simple: to prove to myself that I could do it. That I could finish. That I could face some of my fears and overcome them. 

It was a triumphant weekend! 

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Congrats!  I know quite a few people who used the Tough Mudder to get themselves off the couch.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Congrats!  I have some buddies who did the Nebraska version.  Fewer obstacles and certainly no Rocky Mtn. slopes to contend with.  I guess you all are Tougher Mudders.

sdclong

Congrats!  Tough Mudder is my goal for 2013.  Did a Warrior Dash last month, doing another in September.  It was a lot of fun, but only a fourth the size of Mudder.