Sure, it’s still a long shot, but maybe… just maybe….(Desi Davila) (Read 1032 times)

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

bas.

That's inspiring!

Thank for posting Nader!

Great stuff Nader. Timely too. For the first time, I'm following an actual training plan in the hopes of a BQ. It's early; my first MP run is Saturday: 16 miles with 8 at goal MP. I've never run a 7:20-7:23 pace for 8 miles, especially the back side of 16. I'll admit to being a little anxious about it. But a little less so for that little post. I can deal with being a little uncomfortable. Sure, a 3:13 is still a long shot, but maybe, just maybe.

I read through my fears about preparing to tackle track workouts at 5:30 pace, a pace that left me uncomfortable once I went beyond two miles.

Love it, George.  I take it you are going for this at BayState?  That's all the more reason for me to choose it as my goal race.  We can pretend to race eachother and have a rivalry or what have you, but I would be so happy if the two of us qualified together and ran Boston together, as well. 

Yeah, we have those workouts that scare us.  Like Desi's it's not some monster workout. It's just some pace and some distance which, when mentioned in the same breath, take our breath away for a moment.  And then, when you nail it, you feel less fear and less fat and realize you are that much more like Peter Snell. 

Love it, George.  I take it you are going for this at BayState?  That's all the more reason for me to choose it as my goal race.  We can pretend to race eachother and have a rivalry or what have you, but I would be so happy if the two of us qualified together and ran Boston together, as well. 

I still want in on this. It's my goal (okay only) marathon planned. George won't have me as his nemesis, but maybe as a co-conspirator?

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

We all know that reading is bad for kids. Being a middle school xc runner is awkward enough, last thing we need is that kid with a book. 

btw, I rather like the idea of the marathon competition. If the elites wont race each other, then somebody is going to have to pick up the slack and create a rivalry. 

And we run because we like it
                  Through the broad bright land

Love it, George.  I take it you are going for this at BayState?  

No, I'm an idiot so I'm going to try for 3:13 at Sugarloaf in May. 3:15 qualifies but I want to actually get in too. Maybe L Train will pace me Wink

I still want in on this. It's my goal (okay only) marathon planned. George won't have me as his nemesis, but maybe as a co-conspirator?

But Baystate is on the agenda. I'll re-evaluate the goal after Sugarloaf. My qualifying time drops to 3:25 at Baystate. But if i can get 3:13, something just might drive me to push for a 3:10. Or I'll decide being fat is easier. but it would be cool to know the BQ is reachable and focus on just racing someone. 

We all know that reading is bad for kids. Being a middle school xc runner is awkward enough, last thing we need is that kid with a book. 

btw, I rather like the idea of the marathon competition. If the elites wont race each other, then somebody is going to have to pick up the slack and create a rivalry. 

Check out this awkward interview, which starts at 2:09. 

A lot more people are going to buy and read the book. 

Why is it sideways?

Check out this awkward interview, which starts at 2:09. 

Ha ha, that's awesome. Shorter wanted to WIN. Smooth move by Rodgers.

Scout7

Nice. Sorry, Chris, still gonna go with the print version.  

Luddite.