Broncos! (Read 515 times)

Hollie S.

Merry Christmas!

I just feel bad for all the talent anywhere that isn't getting to see the light BC of other people's stupid decisions. That's all I'm about. Letting people do what they should be doing, and not letting anyone...*elway*...hold them back.

Okay, maybe I am a bit biased, but with all the stuff about manning and tebow and elway, I am just calling it as I see it. That's all I am getting at, but that's how I hear it and how I see it based on all the press conferences, games, trades, everything.

I wish I was as young as I look in the forum picture! But I'm not. :(

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

That's just mean.  Tebow is not a good quarterback but it's not fair to compare him to the symbol of superficial, no-talent, vapid materialism. He's a good person and a good athlete and it's not his fault people hold him up as some kind of superhero.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I think Tebow would be a great all-purpose NFL player, similar to the way the Patriots use Julian Edelman.

Runners run

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

That's just mean.  Tebow is not a good quarterback but it's not fair to compare him to the symbol of superficial, no-talent, vapid materialism. He's a good person and a good athlete and it's not his fault people hold him up as some kind of superhero.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I think Tebow would be a great all-purpose NFL player, similar to the way the Patriots use Julian Edelman.

Actually, I agree.  He is humble enough, Christian posturing aside.

Hollie S.

Merry Christmas!

I agree with that. But I think everybody expects him to be amazing in his first few years, but not even the best, like Elway or Favre, or Brady were amazing during their rookie years. They had to get experience first, too. Tebow is just trying to learn, and he will be great. Just watch. He doesn't have to have Superbowl rings from every year he has been in the pros. This is only is third year. Give him a chance.

The Chargers have this habit of having a few good years, followed by a dismal decade.  I became a Broncos fan after 4th and 29. We are moving to Longmont-Loveland later in 2013, so I might as well start early.  Peyton Manning's season is nothing short of astonishing.

I feel bad for Tebow. Who knows what they promised him as far as getting a chance to play, but the Jets handled him like they handle everything else, poorly.

He's never complained once. He may not be an NFL QB, but he is a class act.

Yes, it's not hard for somebody distant from the NFL that hears the story to feel sorry for Tebow.  I don't watch football (often), and don't care to watch it, but it seems like the Jets are handling the Tebow situation poorly.  If they didn't want him, they shouldn't have got him.  I have a feeling there's owner / manager conflict that'll lead to problems soon.

Yes, Tebow is classy.

Tebow will have a solid career (whether in football or whatever else he chooses to do when he's finished playing).

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

xor

I agree with that. But I think everybody expects him to be amazing in his first few years, but not even the best, like Elway or Favre, or Brady were amazing during their rookie years. They had to get experience first, too. Tebow is just trying to learn, and he will be great. Just watch. He doesn't have to have Superbowl rings from every year he has been in the pros. This is only is third year. Give him a chance.

No.  He won't.

Hollie S.

Merry Christmas!

No.  He won't.

Who died and made you God?

Prince of Fatness

Who died and made you God?

You're jealous of srlopez.  Admit it.

Not at it at all. 

jfa

Tebow seems like a very humble guy and does not bring on the attention given to him. His following is a bit of a phenomenon. The fact that he isn't a good NFL QB makes him even more desirable to his followers. Like that Rudy story. Or maybe God's actually trying to play football through Tebow, even though he (Tebow , not God) stinks.

xor

So does God play football through players like they are Madden?  Does he use an xbox controller or a ps3?

OR...

Is it like that console videogame from the late 70s that had Xs and Os and the big giant tracball you'd have to beat the snot out of to get your little x to chug down the field???

Prince of Fatness

Is it like that console videogame from the late 70s that had Xs and Os and the big giant tracball you'd have to beat the snot out of to get your little x to chug down the field???

OR

Was it the Atari where the field was on the TV screen held by static and Tebow was one of those "blip" guys?  Yes I played pong and enjoyed it.

OR

Was it that game that you put the football guys down (they had magnets I think), then you turned the thing on and it vibrated and made some noise.  Lots of random things going on there.

Not at it at all. 

xor

Mine didn't have magnets.  The players stood on these green plastic bases, the underneath of which had a few plastic brush prong thingies).  Anyway, they just moved via the vibration.  It was super cool because it had all these player pieces... handpainted!.... but it was seriously one of the dumber games ever.  Their movement was random and it made no sense. The football game with the paper triangle and thumps was more fun.

The hockey one, however, with the dudes on poles kinda like foosball was KICK ASS, though.

Until they ruined it and got rid of the pole so that players no longer moved horizontally... they could just pivot and shoot.

The kid in Big even mentioned that to the big boss (Jack Loggia).  Heh.  He was right.

Prince of Fatness

I couldn't remember whether there were magnets on those things.  And yeah, stupid due to the randomness.

And the paper triangle game was a lunchroom staple.  Good times.

I had that hockey game.  One of my favorites.

Not at it at all.