Boston Bound! (Read 556 times)

Mishka-old log

Awesome job Buckshot! You deserve it after the heart-breaker at Detroit. And...better at Athens than the 26-lapper on a 1-mile service road you were planning on doing. Even if you have to wait until next year to run it. I'm hoping to be at Boston '08 with you.

Imminent Catastrophe

Big Waytogo on your BQ. I hope to join you some day. My BQ time for 2008 is 3:30 but for 2009 is 3:35. I'd have to cut 10 minutes off my PR. Have a great time!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Congrats on qualifying. It's a special feeling to qualify and its even better to line up in Hopkinton in a coral with a thousand others who had to earn their way there too. Enjoy it!

Runners run

Awesome job Buckshot! You deserve it after the heart-breaker at Detroit. And...better at Athens than the 26-lapper on a 1-mile service road you were planning on doing. Even if you have to wait until next year to run it. I'm hoping to be at Boston '08 with you.
          Hey Mishka - I know you'll make it. With all the cardio you've been doing on the bike and in the pool, you're probably in great shape and going to make Boston easily; just stay healthy. I see you're running again too and that's a good thing. Maybe we'll cross trails at Oak Openings or Wildwood.
          The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense. Jim Harrison
            Big Waytogo on your BQ. I hope to join you some day. My BQ time for 2008 is 3:30 but for 2009 is 3:35. I'd have to cut 10 minutes off my PR. Have a great time!
            PerfessrR - I cut about 14 minutes off my first marathon, so you can too.
            The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense. Jim Harrison
              Congrats on qualifying. It's a special feeling to qualify and its even better to line up in Hopkinton in a coral with a thousand others who had to earn their way there too. Enjoy it!
              I will, but hope I don't get pissed on...
              Mishka-old log

There's nothing like getting pissed on to really get you pissed off.