What to do at stoplights /crosswalks??? (Read 623 times)

In the UK we don't have pedestrian-hostile jaywalking laws, so provided it's safe to do so I just keep running.

If I'm forced to stop I won't bother stopping the watch. Although if I'm doing something where I have a pace target I'll think a bit about the route in advance and try to avoid anything where there's likely to be a need to stop.

bap

Ok this is a 2 part question. One is : do you all stop your watch timers at stoplights / crosswalks or do you let them run through?? Especially interested in those that wear garmins/gps and such. part two is WHILE you are standing there for up to 45 seconds sometimes, do you stop running, run in place, jumping jacks / pushups ?? Just curious as I know I spent at least 2 minutes tonight waiting for a couple stoplights. I have always let my clock continue to run and I know it slows my pace but its ok for me.

I stop my watch and stand still waiting for the light to change. Sometimes I want it to be against me so I can take a quick rest, especially in the first mile which is always the hardest for me as my body adapts.

Jumping jacks and pushups seem a bit silly.

Age 52

2016 Targets - 100 - 13.2s, 400 - 62s, 800 - 2:30, Mile - 5:40

jimmyb

The answers are always found in Midnight Cowboy.

I do what Ratzo Rizzo does at stoplights when jogging around the city.

Log    PRs

Bad Ass

I stop my watch and stand still waiting for the light to change. Sometimes I want it to be against me so I can take a quick rest, especially in the first mile which is always the hardest for me as my body adapts.

Jumping jacks and pushups seem a bit silly.

I do the same.  Sometimes I even beg for the light to turn yellow so I am forced to stop.  Ha.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."