Dog encounters (Read 889 times)

xhristopher

I will, however, be going back by there in a couple weeks to make sure the dog is not still running loose.

What's your plan if it tries to eat you again?

Feeling the growl again

What's your plan if it tries to eat you again?

Ever checked truck tires with one of these?

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Best Present Ever

Based on the owner's reaction, I did not contact animal control.  Based on experience they would not do anything anyways, other than maybe show up and talk to the owner.  I will, however, be going back by there in a couple weeks to make sure the dog is not still running loose.

The next passer-by could be a kid on their bike.

It's not really about animal control 'doing' anything, just documenting. I don't know what the laws are where you are.  In these parts, dogs get two bites.  The first is free, so to speak, the second has legal consequences.  The first isn't the first until it's documented though.  ,

xhristopher

Checkers on a truck tire with nunchucks? Is that how you practice your mad dog deflecting ninja skillz?

dennrunner

Pretty sure that will produce an atypical thump.

Feeling the growl again

It's not really about animal control 'doing' anything, just documenting. I don't know what the laws are where you are.  In these parts, dogs get two bites.  The first is free, so to speak, the second has legal consequences.  The first isn't the first until it's documented though.  ,

I tried to report my neighbor when their dog came after my kid on my property and bit up my dog when he defended her.  They did nothing. We called them out 3-4 other times when their dogs came over and attacked our dog or otherwise caused trouble.  Animal control even caught the dogs off their property several times, and to my knowledge there was never any penalty.  I wasn't bitten so I don't think this would eliminate the free bite.

The owner's reaction was sincere and extreme enough that I felt for him and felt it would be jerk-ish to report him without letting him have a chance to correct the issue.  I expect it will be.  But I will verify.  Smile

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Feeling the growl again

X, there are TWO Tire Buddies in that picture, with wrist straps.

I expect it will be.  But I will verify.  Smile

Smile

Glad to hear that nothing more serious occurred.  Hope all is well.

Cheers.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

The owner was appropriately apologetic and more visibly shaken than I was.  I guess he'd only had the dog a few months and other than knowing the dog did not listen to him and was very, very protective, he had no idea what it was capable of and was very concerned whether I'd been bitten and was OK.  I wasn't happy but he had done everything I'd done in that situation (except not letting it happen to begin with) so I thanked him for his concern, made a not-so-casual recommendation that I find the dog chained up next time I passed by, and left.

Beer-thirty comes a bit early tonight.

"Hmm...I got this new pit bull, and I don't really know what it's capable of because I've apparently never heard of that breed of dog.  And boy, it sure doesn't pay any attention to me when I try to get it to do anything.  It sure is big, though, and it attacks anything that comes around.  Should I secure it?  Nah, should be fine, it's not like anyone would ever go by my house on foot!"  --Idiot Dog Owner  

I'm late to the party, but I sure am glad you're okay, spaniel!  Anyone else, I'da called BS on your reaction, but as it is, I wish we had video of it!

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Feeling the growl again

I wish we had video of it!

As do I.  After this thread died down I realized I had a pretty good bruise on the underside of my chin -- he came a lot closer to getting his teeth into my throat than I thought.

MrH

As do I.  After this thread died down I realized I had a pretty good bruise on the underside of my chin -- he came a lot closer to getting his teeth into my throat than I thought.

You still haven't told us what you did to provoke the dog.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Feeling the growl again

You still haven't told us what you did to provoke the dog.

Uh, existed?

MrH

Uh, existed?

That kind of reckless behavior is provocative to dogs and their owners.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Feeling the growl again

That kind of reckless behavior is provocative to dogs and their owners.

Ik;r???  Totally my fault.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

My neighbor's dog nipped me on the butt, and he did the same to a couple of KIDS!  I complained more than once.  I was about ready to call the sheriff, when we got a note from the neighbor that they'd given their two dogs away.  Thank God!  It took them way too long to address the situation, though.  It's really nice to run down to the end of the road without worrying that I'm going to get attacked!