what's the best thing that ever happened to you while running? (Read 222 times)

DoppleBock

That's not nice - My mouth is just watering from thinking of that young tender venison ... I mean deer.  Shoot-em-n-eat-em!

Oh, and I also saw the sweetest little deer this morning.  He had the most precious face ever.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

I reached the finish line.

Runners run

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I won.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Mostly harmless

The best things for me have been the times that I have encountered something beautiful when trail running. Blue Herons, pissed off geese, bald eagles, a really nice view of the water, an awesome sunrise.

As cool as those things are the happiest I ever felt when running was passing my wife and kids just before I crossed the finish line of a HM last spring. They don't make it to many of my races and that was just the best.

Oh and the huge stack of pancakes ate at the IHOP afterwards was pretty cool too.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Snarl snarl.

The cops lost me.

That's not nice - My mouth is just watering from thinking of that young tender venison ... I mean deer.  Shoot-em-n-eat-em!

Meanie!

:-)

- Anya

This was during my last marathon, where I set my PR. My 8th grade son met me at mile 25 and ran the 26th mile with me. I'll never forget that.

DoppleBock

Yes - I do not even like venison that much and I have never shot a deer

Meanie!

:-)

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Best Things?

---I get to eat what I want southern style, and not ever get fat. Big grin

---I feel healthier at age 39 than I did at age 19 Cool

---I get a great sense of accomplishment every time I bust out a faster PR on various race distances. Smile

---I get a great sense of accomplishment every time I run a new length of race. (50K, 24-hour, etc) Big grin

---I get to a place mentally where "nothing else matters" and the problems of the world are very small.  Cool

---I get to run in the rain, snow, mud, cold, and enjoy it when others won't go outside when it is merely drizzling... Big grin

---Finally, even though running has put me in a few ""What the (Bleep)" situations (See related post!), it makes me much more resilient.  The main thought I have when someone yells at me while running (after my admitted few seconds of annoyance)... "THEIR weakness, not mine!"  There isn't a single thing someone can say to me on a run, or in life, that would bother me.  Smile

PS.  Oh, and I get to use too many smiiilies in my post, and if someone complains about me using too many smiiiiilies (Or spelling the word smiley incorrectly with more thna one "I", I won't even give a $hit.  Wink

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Mostly harmless

This was during my last marathon, where I set my PR. My 8th grade son met me at mile 25 and ran the 26th mile with me. I'll never forget that.

I'm secretly hoping this will happen to me in a few weeks.

With my son that is. Not yours. That would be a weird thing to hope for.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Gosh, I sound shallow with my find of $46 now! Of course I've seen all the health benefits mentioned, also....and a boost to my self-esteem.

Still, I was stoked to find that $46.

Gator eye

Best thing that has happened might of been filed under worst thing if not for my running partner.

I real vicious looking and sounding pit / bull dog came charging at me fill steam last weekend but was met by a chesapeake bay retriever about 8 yards before his intended target.  The pit / bull dog had a size advantage but the Chessy has the muscle of running 35 miles a week for the last year. After some fearsome growling and jumping the dogs split ways,it must of decided his easy prey wasn't so easy and left us alone.

In my last few years of running and all the dogs I ve come across this was the first time I felt a dog was going to bite me.

I found a $50 dollar bill last year. About 5 years ago when I was biking I found $60 or 3 twenty dollar bills, you can be sure I searched the area for more moolah after that. Big grin

I found $46.

dallison

registered pw

I didn't lose the gamble a few weeks ago on a run.

2017 goals:

sub 1:30 half 

Oh roo roooo!

A couple years ago, I showed up to a small local 10K.  Thought it was a tad unusual that there were no signs of life at the alleged start, which was in the parking lot of a small strip mall-type area.  Long story short, I talked to some other equally confused-looking folks, made some phone calls and eventually determined that the guy putting on the race had decided to cancel but hadn't let anyone know.  Most of those who showed up got back in their cars and left once they learned there was no "official" race going on, but about 15 to 20 of us decided well, what the hell, it was a nice morning, we had driven to the race, and we had our running shoes on anyway...

We set off in a running group and a walking group.  It was someone's birthday in the walking group, so we the runners sang to her as we passed by!  We had a fun, fairly scenic time running around the small lake there.  The pace got quicker and quicker as the miles went by, and once we were down to "run to that stop sign, then go left and you'll end up back at the parking lot" and no one could get lost, the race was on for this last leg!  (This is how I met one of my local AG rivals...). We really had just a GAS, and to top it off, there was a rainbow visible off to the west when we finished.

I had stashed my mt bike in the back of my car and took it to the race w/me, as my sis had planned to buzz by while I was running and pick it up for use on a vacation trip.  She did that, and she left a big container of fresh-baked cookies in return, which I shared w/all who were there.  One of the coolest runs I've had the pleasure to take part in, no doubt!