Ya, keep beeping b!#*@ (Read 644 times)

Go Pre!

So we ran a 5K race Saturday. Not much to report so I won't go on too long. The most eventful aspect was that it was -11 C (about 12 F),windy and a fresh blanket of snow/ice to run on! I didn't think of running too fast especially since I hadn't even been training too hard lately. So I took it pretty easy and about halfway my Garmin which I had not changed from the previous day's easy run started beeping at me every time I ran faster than 4:30 per K. The last KM was mostly uphill and I was pushing hard and kept it beeping. I was all alone as it was a small race (about 200 runners). I looked at the watch and thought I can get in under 23 mins if I push it. I got back under the 4:30 pace and it beeped again so I blurted out loud (to my watch) "Ya, you keep beeping bitch" and I looked up and nearly ran into a nice elderly lady getting into her car. I hadn't seen her and she looked at me like I was some street punk. I was so embarrassed!
      That is SO fricking funny! Oh my gosh! I can't believe you almost ran into a little ole lady whilst cursing at an inanimate object! That takes the cake! One of my fellow running club members had his heart rate limit set to beep on his watch during track one week and boy did it ever get annoying since it was beeping every little bit the ENTIRE time he was running sprints! Good job on your run! Being a desert rat, I would DEFINITELY have stayed in bed with temps like that!!!
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I looked up and nearly ran into a nice elderly lady getting into her car. I hadn't seen her and she looked at me like I was some street punk.
        Very perceptive woman... Wink I'm thinking I might run a 6 mile race on New Year's Day. I've never done a Winter race, but weather will likely be like your 5k...it sounds kinda fun.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Go Pre!

Very perceptive woman...
          I'm sure she thought I was calling HER bitch. She didn't look too happy! We have another wintery 5K this weekend, should be interested as we have had a fair bit of snow lately. Another on Dec 30. Who knows what that day will hold!
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, but she thought you were a street punk...in that respect I think she was pretty on-target. Wink A Dec. 30 race would be cool...nice way to go out for '07. Could be VERY cold, though. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Great story - thanks for the laugh.

Go Pre!

Yeah, but she thought you were a street punk...in that respect I think she was pretty on-target. Wink A Dec. 30 race would be cool...nice way to go out for '07. Could be VERY cold, though. k
                Oh ya, and to start the year off right...a 5 miler New years Day. a few block from my house. Fortunately they have race day sign up so you can judge how bad your hangover is. Last year, we didn't manage to get up on time Dead Despite the freezing temps, the guy who came second was topless!