New Balance 768 replace the 767 series (Read 2716 times)

JOHNMAGGIO

The New Balance 768 have just arrived, and are quite nice. Built on the same award winning last, and sole of the 767 (which was runners world best update from the 765 which was runners world editor's choice). I have a quick blog post, with a really good video describing the technical features of the new shoe. Just follow the link below ( or copy and paste it into your browser) More updates to follow. http://nbannapolis.blogspot.com/2007/12/768s-are-here.html
    www.nbannapolis.com
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I used to really love the 767 (they're too stable for me now), so it will be interesting to see how the 768 is received. When will the 903s be in stores? That's the shoe I have my eye on. I love my 902s. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I had two pairs of the 767s and I loved them. Once my Asics and NB 1061s wear out, I'll consider the NB 768. Thanks for the heads up. Smile

Michelle

From the video, there appear to be very few differences from the 767. I felt they were a little lacking in forefoot cushioning, but otherwise a good shoe.
          JOHNMAGGIO

I used to really love the 767 (they're too stable for me now), so it will be interesting to see how the 768 is received. When will the 903s be in stores? That's the shoe I have my eye on. I love my 902s. k
            903 will be pretty soon, hopefully within the next 4 months. I really hope NB backs them up, because we had a hard time refilling the 902 which was an online blowout. We can still get the women's, but the men's have been dried up for a while.
            www.nbannapolis.com
            JOHNMAGGIO

From the video, there appear to be very few differences from the 767. I felt they were a little lacking in forefoot cushioning, but otherwise a good shoe.
              A step up on forefoot cushion would be the 858 (runner's world best update). It has the abzorb sbs which is a non compression set cushioning system. But the 858 has more arch than the 768 which may be too much for some. The 768 really seems to have just the right touch for most runners.
              www.nbannapolis.com
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

903 will be pretty soon, hopefully within the next 4 months. I really hope NB backs them up, because we had a hard time refilling the 902 which was an online blowout. We can still get the women's, but the men's have been dried up for a while.
                I see that a lot of places are clearancing the 902s for women, too. I need to get myself another pair before my current ones are dead (I think I have about 200 miles on them and generally only get about 225 before my shoes start to give me issues...though I think my mileage with the 902s may be reversed from most folks. I have read that most people get fewer miles from the 902s than heavier shoes, but mine are not showing any real signs of decrease in cushion...so I may be able to go further). By the time I wear out my next pair the 903s should be available. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay