First time I've ever been ticketed while running in Chicago (Read 1483 times)

+1.  Dude, it's not a holy war.  You are not a martyr.  You were trespassing.  Sucks that you didn't know.  Now you do.  The end.

Really?

Shake my head in disgust. You were ticketed, get over yourself.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
    Emil Zatopek

harrylee773

Mr. Forumite of the Year

You're missing that this hell hole has become an over protective police state that no longer allows innocent people to take a harmless morning jog near the train tracks.  But is more than happy to allow real terrorists to go out and kill innocent people in Boston.

Too soon, dude; too soon.

harrylee, harrylee, harrylee, harrylee- life is but a dream.

Feeling the growl again

You're missing that this hell hole has become an over protective police state that no longer allows innocent people to take a harmless morning jog near the train tracks.  But is more than happy to allow real terrorists to go out and kill innocent people in Boston.

You've nailed it.  The police were so busy catching you jogging by the train tracks in your jean shorts that they missed catching the Boston bombers a thousand miles away.  Oh the travesty.

Dude, you were trespassing on a right-of-way any reasonable person would have recognized.  If you want to go to court and argue that they didn't do the reasonable job of marking it required by the law, more power to you.  But you didn't.  You apparently tried to lie and pretend you weren't there or it wasn't you.

Pay your fine.  Do your community service.  Notch it up to life experience and leave the tinfoil hat to the professionals.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

+1.  Dude, it's not a holy war.  You are not a martyr.  You were trespassing.  Sucks that you didn't know.  Now you do.  The end.

You mean "now you do" without a fucking warning Angry And others besides me are now subjected to this same fucking bullshit.  Only a fucking idiot would justify that bullshit.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Oh, please!!!  You're just going to make yourself miserable.

Oh, please!!!  You're just going to make yourself miserable.

The Metra Police have already done that to me now.  I'm seriously depressed and thinking about suicide.

Feeling the growl again

The Metra Police have already done that to me now.  I'm seriously depressed and thinking about suicide.

This is not humorous or amusing in any way.

If you ARE serious, you should be seeking help and I hope anyone on here who knows who you really are is working to check on you and get you the support you need.  A trespassing conviction is not a serious thing in the grand scheme of life.  You will be fine.

If you ARE NOT serious, this is entirely inappropriate and this thread should end now.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

This is not humorous or amusing in any way.

If you ARE serious, you should be seeking help and I hope anyone on here who knows who you really are is working to check on you and get you the support you need.  A trespassing conviction is not a serious thing in the grand scheme of life.  You will be fine.

If you ARE NOT serious, this is entirely inappropriate and this thread should end now.

THIS IS SERIOUS AS HELL!!!!!!!!!!  I'M NOT FUCKING AROUND HERE.

Send me a message if needed Redbird..

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

zonykel

Red bird, please call the national suicide hotline 1-800-273-8255. Or check yourself into the ER.

keeponrunning

Redbird, please, call the helpline zonykel mentioned or go to the ER.  It's not something to play around with, I have a history of it and can tell you first-hand it's not the way to go!

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Kalsarikännit

Just got home, watching the Cubbies, flip over to the local news and get one of those teasers for what is coming up after the break...

LOCAL MAN TICKETED FOR RUNNING ALONG TRAIN TRACKS AND WHY HE SAYS IT ISN'T FAIR!

More to follow.

MTA:  The news pretty much took his side. They asked Metra why they didn't put signs up there.  Metra responded by saying that there was miles and miles they would have to cover.  Redbird dressed up. No jean shorts.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Mostly harmless

TIVO that shit!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

npaden

Age: 50 Weight: 224 Height: 6'3" (Goal weight 195)

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Just when I thought that maybe I shouldn't believe everything I read on the internet, along comes this thread to restore my faith in... ummm, yeah.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.